Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

How do I turn on notifications for announcements and grade entries for my class?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-27-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Some of my student averages are different in PS Pro than in the Canvas gradebook. It looks like there is something going on decimals, but that is a guess. The scores with decimals (77.5, 88.5, etc) are showing in PS but the overall average in PS is s...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I sent an invitation to my Canvas course to a new participant using her email address and name. She received an email with a "Get Access" or "Start Here" button. However, when she clicked the button it sends her to a page that indicates Canvas no lon...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

i can't see the quiz. the prof says i am in the class. but the quiz are not showing. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to broadcast a Conference on ... Socrates ... I have scheduled an hour for this live chat with students, then it dawned on me I have three course. So, for example...Course (1) 1:pm (20 students)Course (2) 2:pm (30 students)Course (3) 3:pm (25 ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I took 3 online classes last semester (fall 2019), in moving forward with my education I was hoping the be able to review the content of the completed classes, would they be available for download or viewing somehow?Thank you,Austin

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there  a way to get canvas to use the whole screen. I think it's ridiculous that the website, specifically the file preview, do not scale to the resolution, nor can I resize it to be wider. With a 1440p screen, it uses up a little less than half t...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We have our Application / Tool that is installed at the Account or Sub-account or even course level. We altered the XML to allow us student role access (different permissions). We want to have the admin in Canvas REFRESH the call to us returning xml ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-30-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Greetings AllIs there a way to migrate an existing quiz bank from legacy quizzes into new quizzes? Sara 

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Are there books for Art 19?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Where do I find my Outbox for messages sent? I can see the Inbox and Replies, but I can not find my messages sent in an Outbox.Such a basic question, but I can't find it.Thank you,Jody

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

So the problem exists across all three browsers I use on my computer, Chrome, Edge and Explorer and has persisted over the course of a couple days while on my home wifi. I was at my local library yesterday though and there was no problem and canvas w...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Since the latest Canvas update, the days have disappeared off the To-Do list. There is only the date now.So it will show that an assignment is due on January 28, but it will not say Tuesday like it used to. This is causing some anxiety among the stud...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I click on the module link & it loads up to blank white screen. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a TA for Dance Appreciation online, and am having trouble grading Module 3. There's no work showing up on their individual names when I click on the "Grade Module 3" icon, and the only way I have access to their work is through a long list of al...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-29-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I enrolled as a teacher and need to change it to a student.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Looking for Florida or Southeast one-day conferences (not InstructureCon in Tennessee) to learn advanced Canvas techniques and processes.  Thanks!

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Did the View gradbook with ungraded items as 0 feature get removed from the new grade book?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-28-2020 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I have a student who submitted a quiz on time and earned a 100%. After the deadline, the student attempted the quiz again and earned a zero (I think she was just trying to look at the quiz again). The automatic lateness deduction from her second atte...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

We have some faculty who are using a tool that automates the grading and reporting of all types of content in Microsoft Excel. ExPrep They advertise that it works seamlessly with Canvas. Has anyone had any experiences with an integration that they wo...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

There are many improvements in the new Gradebook, but the mandated white space on each side of the text in the column headers is a huge problem. For classes with a huge number of assignments, it helps to make columns very narrow, but that is now impo...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

One of our students edited his biography and copied and pasted a BUNCH of text into it, such that it's basically crashing his Canvas profile page. I've repeatedly gotten an "Aw, Snap! Either Chrome ran out of memory or the process for the webpage was...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I record a video as a student?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

HOw do I set  up a project site on Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Can you consider setting default widths of assignment columns to be the right size to include the button that will open the tray? If it's not just the right size you can't access that tray button and can only change the grade without seeing what the ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How do I add a new student to a student group?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I like to automatically set my grade book to "bump" borderline grades by having and 89.5% or higher be an A, a 79.5% or higher be a B and so on.  Can I do this in Canvas?  If so, how?  Thanks!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a class that meets both 1st and 2nd semester. It is a new course, but the enrollment is (basically) the same. I would like to keep the same student groups from the 1st semester and use them with my 2nd semester class. Is there a way to import ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

One of the assignments (a discussion) was not uploaded to the course at the beginning, so I had to add it 'after the fact'. I can see that the students have it among their tasks, but it is not among the tasks I have to grade (even though a student ha...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I access speedgrader if I have hidden results? If all the students are finished and I haven't opened up the results, there doesn't seem to be any way of getting to speedgrader!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies