Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

How do I add the classes I am enrolled I  to my profile?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-22-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I had to duplicate a test for 4 students so there are 2 tests in grade book.  The test is out of 45 points.  For some reason, in speed grader for test 2 but not test 1, in the right hand section it shows "grade out of 0" but to the left there is a sc...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi All, We can't see the students' profiles on the gradebook. Does anyone know if that is a glitch? #WheresWaldoTracie @nzingo ‌stefaniesanders‌

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-23-2020 View Solution
  • 4 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Hi. I am having an issue with group assignments in Canvas. I assigned students to different groups for group assignments and once the term had started, I had late enrollment and had to rearrange the groups and create new groups, for which I created a...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When making an initial discussion post, does one repeat the scenario, and points(questions) to be discussed?(nursing classes)

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

None of the links are working, the homepage is popping up as a blank and that's for all 3 of my online courses? What do I do to fix this?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-21-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have some students who are using Canvas to send me emails. Fine.However, the emails come out of a temporary account in infrastructure.com. Not fine, because Google mail always goes nuts whenever I reply to these messages. ("Make sure this is someon...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I publish a class so students may see the contents?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Most of my students will be using Examity to take their online exams, which requires an access code.  A few students need to take their exams in an on-campus testing center which refuses to use access codes and instead insists that we use the "filter...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

EDIT - the fix appears to be to delay Javascript for 1 second on Safari and Firefox. This now seems to work great with this delay and was definitely the cause.Hi guys, we're using a custom javascript to make page tabs, and it works perfectly fine in ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 7 Replies

How do, I delete the LCI Assignment from my Student Portal, it was already filled out from my previous class before I was dropped.  Thanks!Lisa

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I want to allow students to redo work on a previously submitted text entry assignment.  Where is the function to make this an option?   Much thanks! (Knowing me, I'll probably figure this out after hitting submit here!)

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I  accidentally posted the wrong assignment

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like to add the chair to my course but do not know which role to give her since she doesn't need to receive all the email/announcements that I send out.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Canvas Course Blueprints : We have a need to know the following (using Canvas APIs) : For each Quiz inside an Associated Course, I need to retrieve the Quiz ID that this quiz was created from in the Blueprint Course.Is there any easy way to do this ?...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi! I've uploaded a few textbooks on the Canvas site under "Recommended Textbooks for Purchase," but inputted one of the books (number 9) incorrectly. I'd like to delete it and manually input it with the right publisher/date/title. When I click "dele...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Canvas will not load on my MacBook. I am using safari and also tried going through google but either work. The page just glitches and nothing shows up, everything is blank. How can I fix this problem because I need to download text books for my class...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

A faculty member forwarded me an email from one of his students who was concerned that his Fusion program wasn't working well with Canvas. For those of you who haven't heard of Fusion, it combines JAWS and Zoomtext so that the both text-to-speech and...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Often times students will be interrupted and won't be able to finish what they are writing. Sometimes they can go back and finish the work. Most of the time they lose their work and have to start back over.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to create an online quiz, how do I do that?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you change the "Course Summary" detailed list of assignments and due dates?This appears under the "Syllabus" section in the left column.Thank you.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I had my grade book for each course all set up before the new grade book took effect. Now, none of the assignments I posted are on the new grade book.How do I transfer assignments from the old to the new grade book?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I cannot find the submit assignment buttons on either of my courses.  One course says it's a blue SUBMIT button at the top of the page and the other course says it is a red SUMBIT button at the bottom of the page.  I do not see either one.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

For some odd reason, a person's name appears as somebody else's in the roster and gradebook.  My guess is that I accidentally had a name associated with the wrong email when I sent the course invitations.  How can I change it?  I see the correct pers...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If that is even possible.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Don't know how it happened, but grades entered are now listed as deleted & not being counted toward total. How do I undelete?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My class, GER 102 at 5:45, is not yet published this semester.  How do I remedy?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi,I have a CTE-630BT Wacom Pen Tablet. I am on High Sierra and it seems impossible to get it worked with BigBlueButton. Any thoughts please?Regards,CS

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I put a graphic on the course card?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I need to have it accessible again, as I am taking the class this semester. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies