Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I completed a course. It was graded and I passed. There was no PDF attachment to the email with the certificate of completion. I do not have any proof that I did the course such as transcript or certificate or an AA number. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-27-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

i have an assignment to do for my Chicano Studies class. Every time i click the PDF link it shows that it's locked. Why is locked? i already spoke to my professor and she said that the PDF isn't locked for her.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-25-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Any help is appreciated!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-24-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I have a faculty who cross-list two sections (graduate & undergrad) in one class, and she created two discussions for each section. Her question is about the grade book that she does not want to have two columns for each discussion.Is there is ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

If I click "move/copy question to another bank", the dialog box has a check box so I can "Keep a copy in this question bank as well".If I click "Move Multiple Questions", there is no copy option available.  The dialog box is entitled "Move/Copy Quest...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need to print my transcript with grades from last semester. How do I do that?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a student in college, and in a particular class I worked ahead. I did 5 Assignments that are due a month from now. They are already graded on canvas. But, I want to see what my grade would be if I did NOT work ahead. So my goal is making the gra...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I change the status of a person in CANVAS from student to participant? A student in my class has decided (and has received permission) to drop the class as a student but wishes to continue to audit the course.  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do you hide the percentages?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, I want to download the contact emails for all of the students in my class so that I can add them to a group for access to a specific Google Doc. Where can I find the email addresses, and is there an easy way to download the email addresses for th...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I copied a 2-week course that I created last semester.  This semester, I copied the course into a new shell and then I added modules 11-20, but when I click on the class I do not see the new modules (11-20).  If I click modules then I am able to see ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I have read some past postings on Best Practices for subaccounts and managing LMS permissions.  I thought I might post again a question about how other schools are managing permissions.Our school requires all faculty to use the Canvas Gradebook and S...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm trying to download the transcript from a video that the instructor posted. On the video it says to To download a transcript of this video, click "CC" and then the download arrow.However, when I click on the "CC", it refers to captions and subtitl...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I added extra time to a student's quiz using the moderate this quiz feature and added 30 minutes but it shows up as a grade of 0 which is confusing, since the quiz isn't openb yet and no one has taken it. Did I do something wrong? Why is the grade sh...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My instructor says that there is a link to take the survey but on my end there is no link and is not letting me click on the "take the survey" button. I have emailed here the problem and she said to ask for help here. I do not know what is going on. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How to change "Notification" on Canvas

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I know that instructors can find enrollment dates for individual students by checking their Access Reports. But in large classes this is very tedious. Is there a way to download all that information at once, preferably in a spreadsheet?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-25-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

One of my teachers has come to me with a question about Moderated Grading, and I figured I'd ask it here.He's curious if there is a way to give the student all the rubric feedback received from the graders, regardless of which grade is chosen.  As it...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi,          I am a new instructor with canvas and just started a new semester. I want to share Instructor's material slides with students in canvas, but its publisher's proprietary material and there are clear instructions from the publisher to not ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I was able to add my TA earlier this week, but no longer can find where the pull-down menu is for that

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Ever since I attended a single class at a certain campus, they've been pretty liberal with their use of the informational messages that appear at the top of Canvas in the web browser version. While they can be dismissed, it's incredibly annoying to h...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Our district has recently opened access to basically beta test the use of observer for parents (we are only letting certain teachers know about the change so they can do some videos for our teachers about how this looks specifically for our district)...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

We recently turned on the Diffing via the API.  I need to know how it works if a student is manually removed via canvas application in error.  The file loaded always had that student in the enrollments file that is loaded to canvas.  The student was ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I erase an extra dashboard that is up? One is empty and the other one has all my work in it.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I've been working on my Canvas course outline for over a year now. I am wondering if I am able to sell this outline and course to others using a website such as Teachers Pay Teachers?

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Broken file link found in your courseReply to conversation Broken file link found in your courseI receive this each time a student sends a message to me. How can I resolve this? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello, I was wondering who writes for the school newspaper is it a club or the teachers? because I would love to write for it but I don't know who to get in contact with, if you could let me know who to contact that would be great thankyou.  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do join a group

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,I understand that it may be somehow against the idea of a discussion board, but is it possible to organise a pre-moderation of students' questions?The (potential) reason is the following. I have a Canvas course in Maths. I may imagine the case whe...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies