Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hi,          I am new with canvas and starting my semester from tomorrow. I am teaching a EEE class but there is a cross listed CSC class with same material also listed and both students are attending at the same time. I have setup one EEE class in c...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-22-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My course is not loading in Canvas.  Can I get assistance?  I am not well versed in computers so it will be easier if I can screen share.  Is that a possibility?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-21-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I log on to ICON, all the content from my former classes is missing, even recent classes. I need to transfer content from Fall 2019 (GRAD 7290) to this Spring 2020 (CLAS 7290). What happened to my course content? Why are my course ICON sites bla...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I click on an assignment in my modules nothing is showing up on either my laptop and desktop, but when I use my phone and click on the assignment it comes up.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

i have a very old mac book and canvas will not work

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why in my dashboard canvas. When i click courses is listed all my classes but yet is saying on top that im not registered.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is it possible to create content that can only be seen by a single student? I need to provide and track access to information for individual students within a larger group. Is this possible?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Para que y  como se usan las secciones en un curso?Translation from Google Translate:What and how are sections used in a course?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I add a gradebook column?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I keep the formatting from my word document to stay when pasting it into the discussion window?  I'm trying to specifically keep the format for my APA citation for reference.  Using Microsoft Word provided by UNF.  And when I try to use the in...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-20-2020 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have modules loaded in Canvas for the entire semester.  Each week, I want to publish the week's Modules (Sunday 6:00 am) and unpublish them later in the week (Saturday 11:59 pm).  Right now, I have to manually do this and I'm not consistent with th...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello all,Hoping to add a teacher to a canvas group - Is there an easy way to do this or do I need to email a specific list serv?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello!I was wondering why a Prof doesn't get an ALERT when a student comments on an assignment that has already been uploaded and graded.For example, I share feedback directly on the Assignment Comments and many times students will return with a comm...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I don't want to cross-list my course, but I do want to link it.  For example, Sections 1 and 2 will have the same homework assignments, but with different due dates.  I want to be able to post the assignment to Section 1, and have it post on Section ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I added a student to canvas using her email address and giving her student roles. She receives the email inviting her to canvas but after accepting she does not have an edit setting button. After adding the student, numbers appear in both the email a...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hola Canvas,First of all, thank you for your support.  I'm both impressed and appreciative for all of your responses to my questions.Here we go:Each semester I create a large number of announcements that I would like to reuse in the future.Currently,...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I want to change my Full/Display/Sortable Name. What should I do?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

With the addition of personal pronouns I am curious to see how many people set them in our instance of Canvas.  Has anyone found a report or other method to see if pronouns have been selected for individuals?  I've tried the Provisioning and SIS Expo...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

What is the best way to give students their assignments for the week on canvas?  If i create an assignment and break the weeks down into modules, the assignments show up in the gradebook, even though they are worth 0 points.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When are courses for Spring 2020 no longer future enrollments?  Will they show up tomorrow?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When I am on canvas on my laptop, and I click on the side tabs (Ex: Assignments, Announcements, etc.) they all come up blank. Though when I am on my phone, everything pops up under the tabs.  How do I fix it on my laptop?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Good morning, I am now updating my profile, can I proceed to the next step, even If I do not fill in the box of website? The reason behind is, I do not have a website. Thank you.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I change line spacing in the rich text box for assignments, after copying text in from a word document.Thanks!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I inadvertently deleted a graded assignment. Is there any way to restore to assignment and the grades?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

On my dashboard, why is saying that I am not enrolled in this class? on this site, am I in the right place to check the status of my classes, homework and etc. Please help. I am pretty new with this online classes and I don't know how to avigate and ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Somehow a course I am currently teaching no longer appears on the dashboard.  When I look at all my courses, it appears at the very bottom in "past enrollment":.  I tried to move it up and failed.  I tried to click on the star next to it and failed. ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is it possible to eliminate all of a course's activities from the "To Do" section? I have one course that is cluttering it up, and I'd like to eliminate the issue for the entire semester.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Students see a 0% for their grade on all assignments they haven't yet been submitted. Is there any way to change this?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I can log into Canvas and everything, but once I get to it nothing is showing up. I can access everything easily from the app on my phone but nothing works when I try to do it on my laptop.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies