Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I cannot take quizzes as it won't open. Pictures are not showing as well as textbooks not opening

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-20-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How to post assignments from window 2010

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Has anyone had a try at using Outcomes to create rubrics for BTEC assessments?Is it possible to make it work, or is it too tied in to canvas' numerical system to be of use?  What I mean by that is I don't want it to generate an amalgamated score at t...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Other than the options "Go to Topic," "Edit," and "Delete" how do I open the students comments in speed grader so that I can view all of the comments made by one student at a time?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Do the students that are part of Concluded Enrollment still appear in the Attendance Roll Call Report?I keep a manual recording of anything that I must submit with my gradebook at the end of the term.  When a student drops the course, they still appe...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Our grade book was upgraded. During that time, I had grades muted for a quiz that was taken. I am trying to figure out where to go to unmute the grades now in their grade book. It does not seem to be in the same spot it was as where I originally mute...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

HiI was wondering. We are working with improvement projects and are using Canvas now, but we don't have a good platform to work with spreadsheet data yet. So we would like to know whether Canvas has the possibility of uploading spreadsheet data (fx g...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

i would like to know how to change a subject because the one subject that i have is not what i wanted. hope you can help me.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hur kan jag få en översikt om vilka som blivit godkända/ännu ej godkända när studenterna har svarat på en uppgift. För närvarande kan jag bara se detta i speed-reader och på individnivå, vilket gör att jag måste scrolla igenom flera redan godkända el...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hello, simple question, how do I download an e textbook? Thank you!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I exported a Canvas Course (file type is imscc) that I developed at a college where I teach. Now I want to import it into my teacher canvas platform where I will modify it for other nonprofit use.  I have the course file among my files in the teacher...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi there, I am attempting to access a video lecture, where the link to the video is imbedded in the instructions. When I click the link, it says the page cannot be reached. I have tried it on chrome, internet explorer, fire fox, my mobile phone brows...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I can only see syllabus and modules but my assignments are blank

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I have a discussion project due in APA format. I wrote paper on Microsoft Word. How do I get that file transferred topost discussion to turn in????? help!!!!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm trying to figure out where I am supposed to get the required reading materials for my class. Am I supposed to google it and read it from there?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

As the title says, I cannot view my courses on Canvas despite receiving email updates about said courses saying that there are assignments. I went to All Courses tab and the future enrollments says that the courses are published. How do I fix this ev...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why can't I log into my canvas to do my case studies? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I already have the class code.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I try to look at my assignments and everything is greyed out. When i try to submit a discussion post their is no sumbission button. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you open a discussion post to post an assignment?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I used the video recorder as an attachment for a project for a class and I also followed the instructions posted on this site. When I hit save, it made no indication that it was saving and although the instructions said it could take a while for long...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-22-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I get rid of the crossed out eye icon on a gradebook assignment?  I know it will be easy but I can't find it.  

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-19-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I teach a non-credit ESL class. Students' main device is their smartphone. Can students view Outcomes? I have it in my top navigation, but the "eyeball" still says not viewable to students. I assume this means they can't view it on any device, much l...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I unlock the sign up for a group project on People tab?An assignment in my class is for a group project.  The students sign up on the People tab for the group topic they want to work on.  The sign up is locked.  I have published the assignmen...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a Canvas account through my university. I recently got a link to set up a course onto my dashboard for something outside of class. I would like to use the same account as my school account, so I had the person send the invite there. I can get ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Trying to reorder by highlighting and left clicking and drag and drop in the right order does not work.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

New courses for 2020 plus locating my Canvas account

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Canvas SupportHow do get to Canvas Support for videos

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello, I just want to keep this short and simple. Pretty much whats been going on is that all the classes that I signed up for this quarter are gone from my canvas dashboard. Every time I check the "All Courses" section in the courses tab they are go...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-22-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,  I have set up my assignments but I'd like to offer places within different modules for students to be able to submit the assignment.  How do I create a link in a page to allow for an assignment submission?Thanks.  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-19-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies