Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I would like to bulk-add rubrics to assignments. Is there a way to this without opening each individual to add a rubric?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I need to access onboarding projects in my canvas

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Gm how do I get into my student email 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-17-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Community, I'm trying to assist a student, but when I masquerade as her I see something I've never seen before: a folder with a lock. I can't find anything about it. Can someone explain that feature? It appears to have files from the faculty, which a...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I find the reading material for a course that I am taking? My professor said it can be found in Canvas LMS.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I eliminate a paper submitted by a student in the section "assignments". Can I do it or does the student need to do it herself.Thanks

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My professor gave us a homework assignment and there was a box at the bottom to respond it was around 1000 words and I walked away for a minute and my mom exited out the tab and when I came back all my work was gone is there a way to bring it back.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My Kaltura link is not enabling my classmates to see my video. How do I fix it?Thank you

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

only want grade calculated from 10 highest grades out of 13

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm trying to put in a late period..right now it's locking the assignment as soon as it's due. I'd like them to be able to complete the assignment late for a few days before it locks. Is this possible

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-16-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have published my Module presentation BUT -Modules are not showing up on the students computer 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am not able to view videos, can you help me?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-22-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to allow students to make a selection on what events they see in the subject calendars?We have a subject with webinars available for students a couple of days a week (the same webinar repeated). Most other subjects have only one webina...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How can I get my LockDown Browser to function properly?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, my unit suddenly disappeared from my dashboard.The unit code is WRIT1001 Intensive February in the University of Sydney. Any idea why it happened? Thank you. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I email my student address with an external email? I have tried emailing myself with my outlook account and it hasn't told me that anything has failed to send so they must be going somewhere. But when I look at my inbox for my student email, i...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

files are published but disabledcourse files are disabled and not view able to students how do i enable files for view

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I edited my published syllabus?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to add an assignment to an existing course through the Canvas API but I am getting the following message. {    "errors": [        {            "message": "assignment is missing"        }    ]}Here's the URL: https://___/api/v1/courses/123...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I extract questions from Question Banks that I have set up in Canvas?  I am wanting to place them all onto a Word document but there seems no way to pull the questions out of Canvas...only to transfer them to another course, etc. etc....

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Can I add un-enrolled students who are Columbia students but have different registration dates? They need to see the materials for the first week of class before we meet.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am trying to enable usage rights in a course such that I can make folders within the "files" section visible or invisible to students.  I cannot find the settings to do so anywhere, I have admin access to the instance but have not seen the setting ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a Canvas widget (iOS) for "upcoming tasks" or "upcoming deadlines" (Assignments section)? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-20-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have noticed that on occasion, the curriculum quizzes we take after many lessons ask questions that are either phrased poorly so as to be confusing (and sometimes not reflective of the material) or ask about something that has not even been covered...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is it possible to create a graded survey for extra credit? I have an instructor who wants to create one to inquire about their success rates.Thanks in advance.

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My students have to take a test but will have multiple attempts (3) to get their best score. I would like to record their progress, so syncing each attempt to the grade book would be helpful. How do I duplicate a quiz, without each attempt overwritin...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-03-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Discussions is not visible to students.  How do I make it visible?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am trying to clean out old information going back to 2013 and am not sure how to do this.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Help

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do I combine two classes into one class so that I have only one grade book for both classes?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies