Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I have noticed that on occasion, the curriculum quizzes we take after many lessons ask questions that are either phrased poorly so as to be confusing (and sometimes not reflective of the material) or ask about something that has not even been covered...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is it possible to create a graded survey for extra credit? I have an instructor who wants to create one to inquire about their success rates.Thanks in advance.

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My students have to take a test but will have multiple attempts (3) to get their best score. I would like to record their progress, so syncing each attempt to the grade book would be helpful. How do I duplicate a quiz, without each attempt overwritin...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-03-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Discussions is not visible to students.  How do I make it visible?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-16-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am trying to clean out old information going back to 2013 and am not sure how to do this.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Help

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do I combine two classes into one class so that I have only one grade book for both classes?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

what are my classes room numbers and where are they located ?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The grade sheet is running very slow.  Difficult to enter grades.  Is there a way to speed thins up?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

how do I hide announcements to open and release later?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

My name is Kengo Skorick and I'm a teacher using Canvas.  I've been struggling to resolve this issue since December without any luck and getting desperate.. Basically somehow I've accidentally created many new sections, but the option to exit from th...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I can access canvas with my mac, but it won't let me look at files or upload certain services such as Cisco WebX. There is no error message, but the page won't load. It just constantly shows as if there is nothing there. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I get my modules, assignments, announcements,etc to open on my canvas account?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I created the first quiz for my course, which had 10 questions, 5 points each. The default question bank, "unfiled questions", shows 10 questions each worth 5 points, but every question is blank: no question statement, no text in the multiple choice ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I would like to add a link to Mindtap for my students

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

My dashboard is crowded and I would like to archive old courses so I only have current courses showing.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

This concerns me, and it's happened more than once...When trying to send a Canvas email to a student, I write out the message but then realize that I need to add links or other information into the body of the message. I try to select all the text, t...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I add a course?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How can I "export" or "copy" my course in Canvas from one institution to another?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am an instructional designer at Higher Education area. I have been looking for a tool (project management tool maybe?) which can be used between faculty and me to make the working process clear. For example, using this tool, we can mark the time of...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Can you reassign a discussion?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I want to set a way for students to give me anonymous feedback throughout the course.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

For some reason, Announcements is not visible to students - and I have not put it in the "not visible" category.  How make visible?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-05-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Ahoy all,I'm in a build mode without enough students to test something: Item analysis within quizzesI want to pull an analysis of a single short-answer question within a quiz to see all students' responses together. My other hope is that such a singl...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am trying to enroll in the Beyond School Hours academic course to access the curriculum and files.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-22-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you upload a PPT slide to Kaltura as well as have the video recording of myself?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I want two categories: Participation and preparation as 35% of grade and exams/projects as 65% of the grade.  How do I set that up?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I signed up for a canvas free for teacher account.  It automatically assigned me to the role of Teacher, but I need to be the Designer.  How can I update my role?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Now that Muted/Unmuted field is depreciated in the database, how I can find out if a grade is visible to a student based on the data only ? More specifically, how can I know when a submission's grade is released to a student ? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have published a course; however, the students in that course cannot see the course. What should I do? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies