Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I have hundreds of emails and I want to delete them for the new school year so there not in the way. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-15-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi!Is there anyone else studying for Italian (ITA 901)?  I see that the book says to compare answers with a partner and I am ready to compare them.Also, is anyone else new to the online class or have any tips?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I set up a discussion?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need help how to upload a video homework assignment on canvas.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Emails in the "ways to contact" is not working for me

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When making a quiz or question bank, is there a way to duplicate a multiple choice question so you can change the question, but keep the same answer list?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-14-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How to Manually assign a Peer Review?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am an instructor. I would like to add a student who will be participating in some classes as an observer to my course's Canvas page. I cannot see instructions for how to do this.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I originally replied to this post: Answer box size in Fill in Multiple Blanks but realized it has been marked as Assumed Answered but with no resolution Is there any way to adjust the size of the Fill in Multiple Blanks boxes?I have a table with mult...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 9 Replies

Is there a method to choose a student who gets extra time for their quizzes and, in a single step, moderate all their quizzes or is the only way to do it is to moderate each quiz individually?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

All of our students are having trouble with getting apex learning load on their browsers with integrations with Canvas

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I add an accommodation for individual students for existing quizzes?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-14-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I just wanted to know if there will be a tab called "Assignments" on my timeline like the previous semesters. I have noticed that all 3 of my courses do not have that option. I was able to see the details on what I have completed / submitted or...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am unable to access the content in the 'Files' section for one of my courses but it is available for other students. How do I fix this?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have my students provide a summary of the previous night's readings each day.  Each summary is worth 20 points.  Is there a way to set this up without having to create a separate assignment for every day of the semester?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-16-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

why is nothing showing up when I click on different things in my classes in Canvas. they just show up as white screens and I have things due soon?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have an instructor who used the  "Message Students Who..." feature in Grades and she said the email was sent to every student in the class instead of just the students identified. I believe she chose the "Haven't submitted yet" option, which caused...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I'm wondering what the best role is for two ASL interpreters joining my course Canvas site. Is the "observer" role the best option here, or is there a better one? I'm concerned that the observer may not be able to see the content under "groups," ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello! I cannot seem to import course content over from last semester. I click on the "import content" button but only a blank screen come up and no drop down menu.  THANK YOUSarah 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have completed one of my course CBI content based instruction from The American English (AE) E-Teacher Program. After completing the course, my downloaded certificate from badgr only contain my email address instead of my NAME so I wonder if you co...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My professor has set up our class page, but I am the only person that cannot access the files, syllaubs, quizzes or announcements. I am on the correct page, but nothing appears when I click the tabs. Also, it works on my phone, just not the computer

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why cant i see anything on my calendar?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Yes, I am a professor, Marc Garcelon in Sociology, who has been using Canvas for two years, but have misplaced complex instructions how to set-up Turnitin take-home assignments there.  I emailed Torie Wynn several hours ago about this (today is Tuesd...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My computer won't load half of the things I am trying to look at in canvas. I have read that safari does not work with canvas sometimes, is there any other software's i can use to access canvas? I cannot find google chrome in the app store either. Th...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I developed rubrics for my 460 class and want to export into my 607 class.  I only want the rubrics for assignments.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Does anyone know where I can email technical support ? My canvas is not working! 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am having issues getting into two embedded assignment sites:While trying to complete the APA Skill Check In-Text Citation and APA Skill Check - Creating References yesterday I noticed that I was unable to do so please see attached with snip its and...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

My professor has made 3 different groups in one of my courses. I see that I am in group 3's discussion group, but when I click on the group and try to reply, it won't let me. What am I doing wrong?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello. I have been using Respondus Lockdown for my previous courses. I have been attempting to access a quiz in a new course but it keeps saying that my browser does not meet the minimum requirements for canvas although everything is updated. Im also...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-03-2020 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I want to have group discussions go to the main thread of the discussion. This works for some groups, but not others. For example, some groups are able to post directly to the main thread, and others are only able to post to their group. So, all grou...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies