Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hello all,My students will be working in groups the entire semester producing multimedia content for 20 separate sections of a digital manual. I currently have the Canvas modules identified by the week in which I will be explaining the needed deliver...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My course has multiple modules and each module will have at least one, if not more, discussion prompts. What's the best way to keep track of the discussions: create a separate discussion group for each prompt, or put all the discussion groups, with t...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 12 Replies

#multiple terms‌  I extended the term dates as an administrator to override the fall dates in the Aeries rollover.  We have students entering our school at all times of the year so we like the term to be year-long instead of semesters.  This has work...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

in one of my classes in canvas shows it's published. I try to click on it to view it but it is not letting me open the course

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-13-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I log in it works fine except when I try to do the assiments for my psyc class it says its locked I tried to contact the teacher he sent it to you guys please help me.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-10-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I was hoping someone could help me... Why do I have old classes and old online counselor icons on my dashboards? How can I remove them? or who can remove them for me?Thank you for your time! 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, this situation keeps coming up, so I'm wondering if anyone has a work around:Student assignment requires them to either attend a webinar or write a summary.Assignment allows text entry for students who need to submit the summary.Students who atte...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I wrap text around a picture in Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-17-2021 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 12 Replies

I'd like more than just a color

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I mute a quiz?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

can students see unpublished items in the calendar

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 9 Replies

I am a continuing education student. I have enrolled before at south seattle college, but am now enrolled at RTC in a class. I have a Student ID and was able to login using my old Canvas URL, but under all courses could only see the name of my curren...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I make announcements visible to my students?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can I flip an image on a page? Can I position an image within text on a page?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I get the reference number to order  for the books needed for the class?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I restrict students from accessing any websites while they are taking a test on Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I created a quiz in one course and I want to have the same quiz in two other courses. How do I do that? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We professor that is creating this course manually (from Moodle course to Canvas) In one of quizzes, he wants the values not to round. This is the message from the Professor: In translating assignments and quizzes I had in PolyLearn to Canvas (I am c...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm trying to create two assignments which the student can choose. I've looked at Mastery Paths and generally understand them and there is an OR option between assignments. But that needs to start with an assessment. I don't want to start with a test...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-14-2020 View Solution
  • 5 Likes
  • 6 Replies

In the past, I could check the box for 7-day access for Canvas on the DUO screen. Now Duo says I must allow cookies for the urn.edu website in Safari. I have done this but DUO will not allow the 7 day option. What can I try next?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have a few questions about linking a current canvas module to the OHRS system for course credit.Can someone call me?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I had an old e-mail when I made the applicationBut now I have a new e-mail and urgently I need to change it (update it)

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If I create an essay assignment with students typing in the textbox, does it auto-save? Or will they lose there work?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Can you have a rubric for peer review so that the students peer reviewing can choose their students grade.  When teachers use the rubric option it gives us the opportunity to use the rubric has the grade?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I was reviewing a teacher's course materials and came across a PowerPoint she uploaded that was displayed by the document viewer. Some of the slides feature an unusual artifact in having the drop-shadow of the PPT text being displaced from the actual...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello all,We built an LTI which in turn uses OAuth to get the currently logged in user's info.  We use this user's OAuth access and refresh tokens to pull info about the user from the /api/v1/users/self/profile endpoint.  Our clients are requesting u...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do students access TurningPoint in a course?

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Following the instructions for exporting from Blackboard/importing course content to Canvas; got to clicking on Import Course Content; why don't I see a "Content Type dropdown" as stated in the instructions?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have students who created an account and the next day they were not able to sign into the account.  Any suggestions of ways to prevent this from happening?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do I determine which students have NOT answered an anonymous quiz/survey?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies