Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hello!One of my colleagues accidentally changed the submission type on one of her assignments from external tool to online submission after she had already graded 60 papers in Feedback Studio.  When she set the assignment back to external tool, she d...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 Replies

What is the difference between a pinned discussion and other discussions?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-09-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I can't get into my IS500 Week 0 introduction...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Which document types are compatible with the SpeedGrader annotation tools?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how can idrop a course by myself

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Students unable to see instructor post in discussions. Why can a student NOT see a discussion post from the instructor?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Pierce College in Washington State has three Campuses. How do I help students log on to a particular Campus with Canvas and or delete 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

how do I add the design tools feature to canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

1) How do I migrate  my Sakai courses to Canvas. I had requested this migration  but do not see the courses in Canvas.The courses for which I am the instructor are 16:958:534ADVANCED STATISTICS FOR RISK MANAGEMENT PRACTICE in the Spring semesters and...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How long does it take canvas to update my dashboard after I withdraw/add classes after the start of the semester?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am using a rubric to grade assignments.  How do i download the rubric component scores associated with each assignment and each student in an excel file?For instance, i have a 3 component rubric that can range from 1-4.   A student can get a grade ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have 3 online classes that have been published by my instructors. However, nothing appears on my dashboard.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Last semester my TA was able to divide students by their assigned section in speedgrader.  However, this semester she no longer has that ability.  Was there some type of change recently made to what TAs have the ability to do?  It's a simply thing, b...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-22-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have an instructor who created a discussion board prompt and at the top of her prompt her profile picture is showing. I can not find anything regarding why this has happened and have tried to identify any differences between this prompt and others ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-11-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Asking for a teacher, but is there a way for students to mark themselves present in Canvas? Especially for larger courses with multiple students, it would be helpful to not spend 10 minutes just marking attendance. I suggested using the Top Hat integ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 5 Likes
  • 2 Replies

how can I move announcements up and down?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I updated Chrome to the latest version (79), yet my windows desktop won't display the icons properly. After I log in, I get these HUGE icons that don't work. What should I do?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Good afternoon, my name is Dana Angelica and I am a nursing student at Excelsior College. This is my first time doing the online classes and I have some questions about the discussion board. My first question is when a professor asks for the initial ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Good Morning,I am an admin at my school and I have several students who are not able to see one or two classes assignments on the Calendar on the iPads but the do see the assignments on the To-Do List. I have investigated the course settings and look...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Speedgrader- No students are showing up- just "Test Student". I've had this happen once before where no students names show up yet they submitted the assignment. I was able to later get it to show up but that was a year ago & I can't figure out how t...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I've read various things about how to make modules visible to my students, but I can't see to get it to work. Here is a screencap of what I'm seeing in the settings. Notice that Modules are listed in the visible section, but the icon beside Modules o...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I am having a problem in my HPE 402 class. I am trying to send a broadcast email to the entire class thru canvas and it wont let me. It says "invalid group". (the "All in students" drop down is not there)

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I add points to an quiz?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-13-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to set up a quiz in Canvas so the student can start the quiz but then come back to it at a later time to complete it?  I am not concerned with students cheating ... and so I have a lengthy quiz (66 questions) that they can only answer ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I want to be able to lock the quiz after my class takes it so that students who are absent cannot open the quiz. I know this is possible in the old version of quizzes, but I can't for the life of me find out how to do it for the new quizzes. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-06-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

When I click on the link to Cengage from Canvas, there is an error saying "The Course resources are not currently available because the instructor has not yet completed the course setup". Trying to reach their customer support but they still asking f...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

#googleanalytics‌I started using Google Analytics with our production site (after getting the awesome code and information from a related post - I can't remember the author, but huge thank you!) and am curious as to how I can either track users insid...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have a student that needs to have a quiz she started deleted so that she can restart it. How can I clear the attempt so she can start over?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We currently use Rediker as our LMS and Canvas to keep all grades.  We currently do not have a direct connect.  We go through Clever.  I wanted to see if there was anyone out there that uses the direct connect from Rediker to Canvas and Canvas back t...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

it is not letting me see any information on the course

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies