Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I am unable to open canvas in my google chrome, I just see a ghost of my courses , how can I fix it?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-04-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to edit parameters (dates, points, submission details) for a group of assignments at once?  Right now I open each assignment individually, set parameters, save and close and then go to the next one. Wondered if there is a way to see al...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I AM TRYING TO PUT A GOOGLE SLIDE PRESENTATION ON TO A PAGE AS PART OF A LESSON PLAN FOR EASY ACCESS FOR ME AND FOR STUDENTS THAT MAY BE ABSENT, SO THEY CAN STILL TAKE NOTES AND NOT GET BEHIND.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-06-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I know I can embed h5p content into Canvas. But then the results won't be tracked from the students. I need the results because I want to make a mastery path. Students shouldn't be allowed to do the next assignment until they get enough points on the...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I have used different browers and it continues to say minimum requirements isn't met. I dont know what else to do, please help!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

the Video and Transcripts seems to be in bit LY which doesn't work in China. Also any content in youtube or Google will not work .Is there any other way to access these video and files ?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

need help!!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My county has been using Powerschool Learning for the past several years. Is there a way to convert the Powerschool Learning Pages to Canvas? I have spent countless hours creating these  classes?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When you have a weighted category such as quizzes and the weight is 30% and you want another weight within the 30%; how can this be done.For example: the final exam is 30% and you want to add another grade to be 5% of that 30%???TY,Vanessa

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you merge two courses together on canvas??

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-03-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

New here.Can/how is one able to upload test/quiz questions?T/Q format needed?How does one make a test bank of questions so random questions can be drawn for a test?aside - miss Bb

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 7 Replies

How do I delete old Canvas courses I no longer need?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello,I have created a New Quiz but I cannot see an option to assign it to my students when it is eventually imported into a live course. I recall seeing the assign section when I started to build the course, but there were no learners in that versio...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How to insert a link to a page?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Trying to edit midterm scores so they could be seen but did not impact student quarter averages.Quiz was inadvertently deleted, thinking Paperscorer would still have the original.Students have already filled in the answer, bubble sheet.  Is there a w...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

It appears that Student Resources is a set Navigation Item in Canvas. I've tried going to Settings > Navigation and removing it there, but it isn't listed. I've also searched within the Admin Tools and Settings and can't seem to find how to remove it...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can you set up discussions that are graded with a range?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hello, how do you add an instructor to be able to accept the invite to log in and teach a class? Thanks

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am due to run out of time in JUNE 2020 and I am struggling through these modules, but I am getting great learning.  My student success advocate has not been returning or answering my calls

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When you ask Canvas to automatically shift the dates, what are the best practices for which dates you choose? I'll explain:Our courses open to students a week before the course starts and any assignments are due. During this week, instructors do have...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a middle school class and a high school class with basically the same content.  Each time I change a quiz or assignment detail, I have to do the same changes in both classes.  I assign several quizzes per week so this is very tedious and redun...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have signed up courses but they have not shown up on canvas. How long does it take for courses to show up onto canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Blue Canvas for ELA Curriculum:  How do you allow students to re-take a Module Test/Unit Test in Blue Canvas; mostly the teacher graded responses.  I don't need them to retake multiple choice questions.Thank you!!rdiaz@wcpss.net

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a student who would like to give points for students accessing a specific resource. I see in the New Analytics how to "message students who participated", but I can't find directions on how to download a CSV, or just view the list of students ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Has anyone succeeded in making a horizontal scroll indicator on top of a page (preferably spanning the width of the browser window?) This method works, but unfortunately the css file messes with the titles of the modules too...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do i hide grades from all students? The functionality seem to have been disabled on the system 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi All,I tried enabling SSO on Canvas. After all configurations has been done, I get this error when I try to log in via OktaFailed to log inThere was a problem logging in at MyOrgYou may try to log in againI tried debugging on Canvas and get this er...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to submit an essay but when I click on the assignment tab nothing is coming up on the page.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Importing course content. Problem 1: The assignments show up in "Modules" but not "Assignments".Course assignments are supposed to be automatically imported into "Modules" and "Assignments" during the importing process, but this in not happening.Prob...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies