Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

How do you load the contents of a zipped file on speedgrader?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-17-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If teachers have multiple sections of the same prep/course, and would only like to only have to update content in one of them as the year progresses, what is the best option? Cross-listing, sections, or blueprint course: What are the benefits/purpose...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I would like to be able to preview iWork documents in Speedgrader (.pages .key .numbers)

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-16-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I change a student's name in CANVAS? It was entered incorrectly and now I cannot change it. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In Psy 104, week 5 has a link to a resource that does not seem to be related to the topic that is being discussed. The resource isBerg, K. (Writer), & Gómez, L. (Producer). (2003). Exploring borderlands–American passages: A literary survey [Series ep...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What are the consequences of not being able to access the old gradebook, for older courses which remain on Canvas?# switching back to old gradebook

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

The announcements menu option is hidden.  How can this be unhidden?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I treat ungraded assignments as a "0" in the new gradebook? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We have instructors with very large gradebooks.  These gradebooks can have large student or assignment counts or both.  I review a gradebook by exporting the csv and then identifying rows where the current score does not match the final score.  What ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

My question:  I can see the modules needed to begin the process, however it says I have no path and it will not let me begin the course work??????Please advis

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is it possible to search for an individual student in all/any of my past courses?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I finished segment 1 of my course, and i don't know where to go to sign up for segment 2?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am working with a team who use a very bespoke rubric. Would anyone know how I could make the conditions below work for online marking? This has been traditionally marked by hand but we would like to recreate it in an online format. An overall grade...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

how to you upload grades

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I download students' answers to essay questions rather than grading them online?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can you lock an assignment in Canvas LMS and only open with a Code the way you can with a MCQ test? I have created a practical interactive software assignment using Captivate and uploaded it as a Scorm file to Canvas but I want to lock it down and fo...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Do students get an email when I post an announcement?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I merge sections of the same course on Canvas?Erna SmithJournalism LecturerLead instructor, J317: Journalism Practice, Spring2020

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Dear admin,Greetings. Just like to know if canvas SCORM file could be shared with me as I am intending to build activities using games in my module.Thank you.Szarmilaa

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello Canvas Community,Maybe my question is somewhat trivial, but I couldn't find answers on the website. Most of courses at Stanford use canvas as the platform to share presentations and, using an Ipad, I am able to add annotations on those slides/p...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-15-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Once an assignment is posted to canvas, is there away to view it, to see that it was actually done?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I added a Test Student to my course. For one assignment (of many) in the course, Canvas is not allowing me to add a grade for my test student. I was able to add a grade for all other assignments - just one offers no option for entering a grade.

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Question  on multiple transmissions of grade from external soruce#I am in the process of linking the free version of Canvas with TestOut. The individual links will go to a specific TestOut simulation lab and once the student has completed the lab, up...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello!I am ready to submit my course grades to the Registrar's Office but I am seeing discrepancies between the grades in the grade book and those in the "Fall 2019 Grade Submission - Final" section. For example, Maria has a total grade C in the grad...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I over ride a deduction for a late submission? (because students given extensions). know I can provide separate assignment pages but when have three or four with different due dates not feasible.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What grade is overall a  passing grade for a class?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I teach a business statistics course and I would like to use Canvas quizzes to test how well my students can make plots of data. I'd like them to make a plot in excel maybe save it as a jpeg and then insert it as the answer to a Canvas question. I'm ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-14-2019 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I assign points to quiz questions?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to enter grade assignments for the semester that ended yesterday.  It will not let me enter a grade in the gradebook or on the speedgrader page.  What do I do?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I get my assignments that have due dates and are published to show up in my grade book. I never had this issue, but now that I created my final exam and a bonus extra credit assignment they are not showing up in my gradebook.  Help!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies