Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

When grading assignments, how can I write comments within their documents?  I know I was able to do this previously and can no longer do this??

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-18-2019 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello, We have a course that we are creating that will have multiple sections -- all requiring different start/end dates. We would like to be able to set a start and end date per section and have the students lose access to the course at the end date...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello. How do I create a final grade column visible to students? I added the "final grade override" column with their final grades but the students have informed me that they cannot see it. Thank you. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

What would you recommend as a stand-alone HTML editor for a novice?I have a teacher who wants to design their own course home page outside of the Canvas editor. They have no prior HTML experience. I don't think they will be doing this more than once ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 5 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I am getting a message that I am not authorized to view the content.  My students can no longer take assessments on Canvas.  It was working great last week but now it is not.  Has anyone else noticed the change and or worked out a solution?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need to be able to create multiple users in a single API call.  It doesn't appear that the API supports this but I want to confirm that and learn of any plans to add this ability in the future.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can I add an announcement or an assignment and post it to all of my classes at one time?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to know the grade distribution of my course, but cannot figure out how to do it. The analytics are not helpful. I just want to know the average score in my course.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

can we insert a screen shot in canvas and how?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have quiz questions in one class that I want to use in another class.  How do I transfer them over without having to retype them?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Canvas stopped working around 12:00 AM - Wednesday 12-18-19Its final exam grading time WHAT THE DEAL!?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have posted an announcement on my class canvas website. The announcement isn't showing.  Next the the announcement icon at the left side of the homepage, there is an icon of an eye with a diagonal line across it. Above this, a message comes up that...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 10 Replies

I submitted an essay using my laptop on the day of the submission date and I am pretty sure I clicked the submit button under the comment box. A day after, my friends already got their score; I thought it was suspicious because I turned it. So I went...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

w

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

With the new gradebook, will I still be able to see and download old assignments and materials uploaded by students from previous courses? My students uploaded a lot of assignments in gradebook and I'd want to keep it there.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-17-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Some help here, the English teachers at my school tried to use unicheck for plagiarism, but it was stating resubmit, they clicked it but nothing happened. If you know what is the problem, please respond back. Thank you. 

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 10 Replies

when e-grades fails to open correctly and prevents me from submitting any grades, what do I do?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My students could see all the grades in the gradebook except for the final grade. How can I set Canvas so the students can see the final grade? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I change the settings in Moderate Quiz so that only active students in a course are displayed?  I see students in Moderate Quiz who dropped the course and are listed as inactive in the People list and who do not appear at all in the Gradebook.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-24-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Are letter grade automatically assigned based on a student's final percentage?How exactly do I submit final grades for my students?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

If possible, I would like to export a some student correspondences to my official email. Is there a direct way of doing it?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How does an instructor add start date for course?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Where do I find an explanation of the column heading in a quiz Item Analysis? For example, Middle Student Count Bottom Student Count Quiz Question Count Correct Student Count Wrong Student Count Correct Student Ratio Wrong Student Ratio Correct Top S...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 8 Replies

I'm importing some images from PowerPoint and I can save them as JPEGs or PNGs. Is one format or the other preferred in Canvas?  Thanks.

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I KNOW I entered a students grades last night and they have disappeared. This has happened several times this semester and the students rightly annoyed. Am I making a stupid mistake?? I don't think so--

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 5 Likes
  • 4 Replies

1.  How do I find average, low, high data for any scored assignment (e.g., Quiz) in the new Gradebook?  2.  New Gradebook was supposed to have quiz statistics for more than 100 questions.  Does not appear to be the case.  Quiz statistics still limite...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I recently imported grades from Canvas to Power School for two tests for the same class.The last test posted correctly, but the first one did not.  The "name" of the first test posted in Power School, but it did not post the scores--even though the s...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Do the students have access to the class content once the semester is over?Thanks!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to use an LTI 1.3 app for an assignment. My local Canvas admin configured a developer key OK, and I used this to add the client_id for the app to my course using my instructor privileges. The app appears in the list of configured External...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

This is more of a wish than a question.  It appears that you can't mass override final totals via import them.  I think that this is a big oversight as I don't have time to manually change 1000+ grades.  I have seen workaround posted but they don't e...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies