Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

How do I convert a powerpoint page to a jpeg to submit it in canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-09-2019 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

how can I make my course visible?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have just logged in to Canvas fro the first time and am watching the tutorial. I am trying to edit a subject for which I am a coordinator but I can't find the edit box - it seems not to be where it should

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-17-2019 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I delete submitted old assignment files?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-15-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I make CANVAS Files visible to students?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I can log into canvas no problem however when I click on modules to move forward nothing happens. Trying to take the course.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have a professor who is having issues exporting grades from the gradebook. The exported CSV file does not look correct and places all data into one cell. The sheet does not have a column heading with a series of grades below. Each students names is...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-11-2019 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I use Vericite for papers turned into Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

As a new faculty member, is there a way to see answers to an existing quiz in CANVAS?  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-10-2019 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

My Canvas and Power School accounts are linked.  I complete all grading through Canvas and sync them to Power School.  I'm running into issues with deleting assignments from Power School.  I can successfully delete the assignment from Canvas, but the...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I add a voice recording to my pages, assignments, quizzes, etc. I can record my voice over but how do I get it to the assignments?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-11-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I see/calculate my GPA in Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I drop the lowest score in a set of quizzes?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to integrate OpenStax textbooks into canvas?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 Replies

my teacher extended my due date for online final, but when i click the button to take the quiz nothing happens

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a Sandbox I've been using for developing a new course site. How do I change my Sandbox to my active course site for Spring 2020?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We are considering adding Respondus lock down browser.  Has anyone used Respondus?  Did you find it helpful?  Were there any ramifications to adding Respondus to Canvas?  Any insight would be helpful.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When we use the Canvas editor to write text-based content into a page, the style of the text displayed when the page is rendered is different from the style we see when we pull the same text from a separate file linked to the page via Iframe.We've ta...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 8 Replies

Is there a way in which to publish a quiz but exclude a student or students from having access to the quiz?  What I want to do is not let students who have not yet finished their assignment take the quiz on the assignment.  Most finish it and then ar...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Why will canvas not let me upload a picture and word document? It is telling me that I have an uploading error and that it fails. It's been saying this for a couple of days.~Kaci Vredeveld

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

The Speed Grader toolbar does not appear for all of the students' submissions.  Why not?  They are text entered.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

What am I missing?I have asked the students to submit a self-portrait in the style of Surrealism. They have attached a picture to the summary, which I can click on 'Plastic bag' to see. But, once I click on the picture, how do I get back to their sum...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How can I unpublish a course?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is is possible for students to directly download a file I have posted on the course site into their One Drive account? As of now, the only way I find they can do it is to download the file from Canvas, then separately open their One Drive and upload ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi,Can an instructor be listed as a teacher in one courser and an observer in another course?Thanks!José Lugo

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am unable to open course files on Canvas.  When I click on dashboard, the courses are in constant movement and will respond to command.  Therefore, I cannot get into my account to post assignments. # Bringing up courses -Canvas

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We have source material in .pptx format that is printed to a .pdf in 'page view' to make a student guide that has a slide at the top of the page and notes at the bottom. We do not want students to download a copy of the student guides due to the risk...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi guys, I really need your help here, I am a junior web developer and am trying to set up the connection between our platform (Tool Provider) and Canvas, I am struggling to find a good tool to test the oAuth2 requests, a tool that acts like Canvas t...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Whenever I log into my canvas account on both safari and google chrome the opening page (the dashboard) on canvas and the calendar will not load. In order to get to an assignment I have to go to modules, when it comes to submitting the assignment the...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I've always been able to transfer all announcements from a previous course to a new course in my past experiences and can't seem to find this option in my Canvas course now. I don't have a settings button. Is there another way to transfer all ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies