Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

If you want to re-use an assignment such as a survey from one course to another the function that allows you to copy an assignment drags along the tree of files which are hyper linked from the assignment along with the file folders those files are in...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need to check word counts for my student's assignment's. Is there a Canvas tool for this, as it is very time consuming to copy and paste each PDF back into work to check word counts.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-12-2019 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Would love to know if this is possible!  Would like to just have a grading scheme with simplistic criteria and no percentages or letter grades. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I want to make my quizzes = 25% of total grade, and homework = 25%, etc. How do I do that?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-11-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I get the roll report to do a list of the students and their attendance? Right now I get a long list of every student and every class period but it is not easy to read. I need:Student name - attendance on each date roll taken.Thank you!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-13-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've been having an issue for awhile, every time I load the "Units" page the images change size. This does not happen on any other page. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Why I cannot continue to do & to learn my ESL Class on Canvas? Why it's blocked? Why I Cannot keep going? How may I do it?  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to access the Canvas Groups API, I need to retrieve information on group sets.We currently authenticate via LTI 1.1 and LTI 1.3How should I go about getting an access token for the API?More information:I have tried using devoloper keys . ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 2 Replies

how to drop lowest quiz score

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have some old iPads (iPad2s from 2012), and I want to use them as backups when my students' laptops aren't charged or working properly.  They do not currently have the Lockdown Browser app, and won't be able to download it due the ios version.  Is ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have had a student resubmit a paper as a rewrite. The student has emailed this paper to me, since there does not appear to be facility to put this into the Canvas system. Is there a way in which I can put this paper in the Canvas system so I can us...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I add new questions to the question bank

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way for teachers to be notified when a student ADDS a follow-up comment to the original teacher comment?  I realize this can be done via email (but that is a HUGE stream with many students and classes) or on the app (which also creates hug...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I need to add 10 points to the final grade for perfect attendance as well as take points off for missed classes resulting in 10 points per day missed.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I share a quiz with another teacher in my building without going through the "Share It to commons" steps?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I would like students to turn in a word document not a google document into a drop box. Is this possible? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I remove roll call attendance from grades

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am unable to give my assignments and Module a "percentage" for Grading (i.e. Quizzes = 25%, Homework=15%, Class projects= 35%, etc.) - I can not find the place to enter this data for grading purposes. I've looked in the Canvas guide and am unable t...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In our previous LMS platform, there was an option for quizzes where when the due date and time occurred it would pull all answers that student previously completed and submit it for their grade. This was very helpful for when students forget to hit S...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Ah, it's that time of year when all the gradebook questions start pouring into my office I've done some researching on this in the Community. I was sad to see a couple good ideas around "Total", "Current Score" and "Final Score" archived as I think t...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-15-2019 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi canvas fam,Does anyone know how to set up pathing within a quiz. So for instance:Question with yes or noyes - automatically go to Question 2no - automatically go to Question 3

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have my classes cross-listed. Just recently, I can only see one of three sections in speedgrader. What can I do to fix this? Thank you! 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello,I am trying to embed a page from Canva.com to use as my homepage. It needs to be embedded and cannot be a jpg or png because it includes links. I have tried using their embed code, but it doesn't work. Neither does putting it into an iframe. Is...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I change the course photo that students see on their dashboard?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I am struggling to find a good  suitable reference for Gibbs' Model ofReflection

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Please tell me how to extend the exam time to 1.5 longer for one single student? Thank you, Kaya Ford

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hur aktiverar jag meddelanden och quiz?Translation from Google Translate: How do I enable messages and quizzes?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Can I copy or move a video file from the "Files" section into Panopto?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

As the question title says - if the tutor is an art teacher and has taken photographs of everyone's work and wants to upload them all - is there a faster way of doing it than going in to each students account one at a time?

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello,When taking attendance, one of our professors  has marked the students who are present – but did not mark the students who did not attend as absent. The attendance report shows 100% attendance which is not the case.  Is there a quick way to adj...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies