Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

how to view exam logs by students

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-05-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

hwo do I get my placement in an Englishclass

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Does anyone know of a way to have multiple due dates under the same discussion. As my faculty members discussed, they desire to split a particular discussion into three parts, part 1 where students summarize their chapter, part 2 where they share wha...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Does anyone know of a way to have multiple due dates under the same discussion. As my faculty members discussed, they desire to split a particular discussion into three parts, part 1 where students summarize their chapter, part 2 where they share wha...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I am wanting to create an exam (quiz) where the student can save their progress and come back to the exam later.  How do I accomplish this in Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a 1,2,3 step guide to upload my assignments? I know that was the first thing you thought us when we started the course but as I do not do it every day, I forgot. Thank you!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I've published all my assignments, but the grades for one of them show up in a pink column while all the others are gray/white. What does that mean? (A student told me his grade was missing for that assignment but I can see it.)

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Aside from New Analytics no longer providing 'stoplight' styled dashboards and merging what was once course, students and analytics beta into one new tool, I am curious as to changed functionality between old and new. Specifically, has anyone found a...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I want to award attendance/participation points for my classes. If I create an assignment the points seem to skew the grade?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-06-2019 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I submitted a group project last night before the assigned due date which was at midnight. I woke up this morning to find that another person in the class had chosen to join our group (uninvited) right before the due date of the project (most likely ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We have multiple sub-accounts in our org and a student was enrolled into the wrong sub-account. Both of these sub-accounts have the same course tied back to the blueprint, but they obviously have different course numbers. Is there a way to move the s...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I copy a course from Canvas to Canvas, all of the uploaded files (document) from original course copy into the new course, but every link in to those files breaks. Is there a way to prevent this?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

It's finals period, and students messaged me saying that their grades had changed due to the new assignment weights...the only problem is that I DIDN'T CHANGE THEM.  This happened with at least another faculty member at my campus, so I am VERY concer...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Complaint: Canvas allows you to save a quiz without clicking update the question. Then, when it "saves," none of your work is actually saved unless you clicked update the question. There should be a pop-up window or something so that users don't lose...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi Canvas CommunityWithin a Canvas Rubric, is there a way to move around the order of the criteria? At the moment, I am only able to add new criteria to the bottom of the rubric, but I'd really like to be able to add it to the 3rd row (for example). ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hi, is anyone here using Google Assignments LTI?  If so, are you able to sync your grades from Google Assignments with Canvas so they will appear in the Canvas Gradebook?  For some reason, a teacher at my school told me that she is having difficulty ...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello Canvas Community. Is there any way to bulk download AND print student assignments? Many faculty members prefer to grade hard copies, however, having to print each submission individually is very time consuming for classes on 90+ students. Any t...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

In the Gospels course, I get a "404 Not Found" error when I click on the syllabus link: http://rts.edu/SharedResources/Documents/Global/DE%20Syllabi/Gospels_Syllabus.pdf This appears to be an issue on your end rather than mine?JS

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

There is an exclamation point in my total column and it is not calculating total percentage for student.  I have tried to correct this - but cannot seem to? What have I done incorrectly and how may I correct this?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have students who are submitting assignments as pdf's and their submissions aren't going through.  I even helped a student today to submit the assignment and to the correct place and when I open up my side, the document is not there.  What's going ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I'm creating custom gradebook columns using the live API. Is it possible to enter multiple values for the course_id field or must it be done one-by-one? Example here:Thanks!

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm new to Canvas. I'm grading exams using Speed Grader, and I want to grade everyone's question 1 answer first, then question 2, etc. When do the comments and numbers I put in become visible to the student, and when do they get carved in stone?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a course that is not graded.  That said, in order to provide feedback to students and parents, I created a rubric.  The rubric is set-up as 'Not Graded.'  I completed the rubrics on 'speed-grader', however, while the rubric does appear under t...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am upgrading my Jasig CAS server to version 6.0 because another vendor required CAS 3.0 (attributes). I was wondering if Canvas will need this support in the intermediate future.(12-24 months) 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I see that there is an update Jan 2020 for canvas infrastructure. Are we able to copy over our current courses? If so where do I find the instructions to do this? Will there be any changes to mba.canvas?Thank you

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can students submit video taped material.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Går det att skapa en diskussion i Canvas där enbart lärarna på kursen kan delta?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I send a group email using Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can I just open one unit from module of learning to specified group of students?#Group  #student learning‌ #learning interface‌

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am an online foreign language teacher, and I suspect but can't prove that my students may simply be translating their assignment pages using their browser. The browser can simply translate an entire page into English. The browser can also translate...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies