Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Can I bulk delete course files, and how?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-27-2019 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like to set up an assignment where students submit a short paragraph. I want all students to be able to comment on each other's work and give feedback, but I would also like to make it anonymous. How would I set up the assignment? Thank you f...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I'm looking for a sample Student Community Resource Center built in Canvas. Is there anyone willing to share a short video tour of your student resource center? Or perhaps you have a link to your resource center you can share?Thank you!Heather ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We would like to have our School Level Outcomes utilized in all courses and assessed for all students across courses. We are able to create the Outcomes and corresponding Rubrics for all instructors to utilize at the Institutional level. However, we ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 Replies

How d I access the EPA course inside of the classroom?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a Mac and cannot access Canvas modules from it. I can from a Windows based laptop. How can I adjust the settings so I can access from my Mac? Thanks

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-26-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I mistakenly reported a student's profile image. How can I un-report it?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I submit grades

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Buenas tardes,¿Alguien sabe cómo se puede contratar el servicio de Canvas como LMS para mi empresa y después adaptarla con miz contenidos? No encuentro sus precios ni la forma de contratarlo.Muchas gracias y un saludoTranslation from Google Translate...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to incorporate the Turnitin app for schools that use the free version of Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I would like to know if there are any plans to allow instructors to mute or unmute an individual student's grade in canvas? This functionality was available in ecollege and was valuable in allowing a student to see their grade sooner as the pro...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am new to CANVAS Collaborations and wanted to have my students work on a Presentation together but I cannot see any way for them to design anything except for a Google Document. The guides seem to indicate I can select the Type of document but nowh...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

jag har problem att hitta kursen som jag skulle lämna om inlämningsuppgifter. jag har pluggat PPU107 HT18 men jag behöver nu göra om uppgifter och de ligger i kursen PPU107 HT19. Hur gör jag detta?Translation from Google Translate:I have trouble find...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

what is my pairing code

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can I enable a rubric for grading once I've already used it in speedgrader?  And where do I find the check box?  All my grades have been entered in speedgrader but not copying through to the marks page.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-18-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 Replies

Can a power point presentation be uploaded in canvas?  Also, if so, can a power point presentation with embedded video/audio files be uploaded.  In other words, can a complete file (folder) with connected a/v files plus interconnected power point pre...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If I create a practice quiz not using questions from a question bank is there a way to move those quiz questions to a question bank or do I have to retype all of the questions into a new bank?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there an option that would allow a teacher to be alerted when a student leaves the Canvas Quiz page?  This would allow teachers to monitor student actions a bit more while in a testing situation.  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-25-2019 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

A colleague is having students resubmit assignments after they are graded. Is there a way to prevent re-submissions? I told her to not grade it before the due date to prevent this, but I thought I would ask just in case. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi All-Is it possible to customize the CSS for the "sub" links on the right-side bar? I've tried editing multiple global navigation hex codes in the the Theme Editor, however none of them seem to affect the right side bar (i.e. To-Do List; Recent Fee...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

This is an issue that started happening recently. When I create a new assignment, it shows in the gradebook at the end of the grades (after the category totals). Is there a way to have it appear before the totals (as it used to do previously)?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is it possible to customize the body of the automatically generated emails/notifications that are sent to users? Subject lines of emails below are the ones I'm looking to customize or change the wording:-"You are Enrolled: (course name)"-"Assignment ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How to delete a an uploaded file submitted for an assignment?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I register for other classes while enrolled in a current class?#

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I turned on the New Gradebook in Canvas for all of my courses, and it worked fine for a while. Now in two of my courses the gradebook has reverted back to the old view with the same notification about it  being an outdated version. I have double chec...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I hide or mute my grading in speedgrader?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I create a practice quiz using a quiz students already completed?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm including a lot of guest speakers and want them to have access to the course materials and chats with students.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I go to my course modules page, the modules show up, but many of the units I have viewed are not marked as "Viewed." I certainly hope I won't have to do all the work over again!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We have several longitudinal courses that use Canvas' Gradebook to track assignments, quizzes, etc. throughout the duration of the academic year.  When the new version of Gradebook is released, will it import over the "old" data into the new Gradeboo...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies