Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

We have a student who has a disability. Please advise if a screen reader can be implemented for free and easily for her so that she can navigate and easily see her course on canvas? If yes how and where? Any third party ones? It's urgent. Pls, reply ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-21-2019 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Where can I view the classes I'm enrolled in and the credits required for each class I'm in?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to find old papers that were submitted in past classes?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I use Canvas by Instructure through our school district. I use it for various assignments and grades. I then sync those grades to Wazzle Gradebook. However, when Canvas syncs to this Gradebook, it gives the assignments incorrect dates in Gradebook. I...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How  How do I upload a Power Point to place it in my class under a Module?  THanks

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Who is the best person to speak to regarding my career direction?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm using the 'ungraded survey' function to allow students to submit a text response to an open-ended prompt. "Question" appears above the text box but that doesn't make sense in the context of the prompt I'm asking them to consider. Whenever I go to...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I allow a student to retake a test?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-20-2019 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I make my discussions visible to my students

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, just like we can see the different types of items or assignments according to grading weight, it would be great if there is a way to see that in the gradebook as well.  Is there a way to do this?  Or must this be submitted as an idea for a featur...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

how do you attach a power point to an assignment on the discussion board?  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How does a Teacher print a Classic Quiz.  This is needed for a student with accommodations.

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm sorry if this is posted somewhere (I swear I looked everywhere)... In a Canvas Conference can students share their screen?  I just tried this and couldn't find that option for the student, even after giving them presentation controls.  Thanks!

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-27-2019 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I message an individual student from within the course in IvyLearn? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I graduated in Aug 2019, since I’m currently not enrolled in classes, I’m unable to study for my state board exam, because it won’t let me in.  I was told I could for 2 years after. Please help. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to turn off spell check when making a Quiz for a spelling test?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, we are looking some expertise from other Canvas users around large Canvas course storage requests.We are getting requests to increase the Canvas storage size to 10GB+ and are concerned that this may cause performance issues from within the course...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hi!I´m partially responsible for our learning environment as of now and I have a few questions about canvas in general that I hope to get answered since it´s rather confusing to me right now.1) Our IT Department is in charge of the admin role, but we...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello,Since we are working on automation and will start having a connection between our SIS (Osiris) and Canvas, the SIS admin asked us to set up terms that match those in Osiris. Unfortunately, we have no terms set up other than the default term for...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is it possible to create multiple attendance assignments. I would like for student to have a weekly participation grade based on attendance. Is this possible using Roll Call. Could I create multiple assignments by adding dates?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hoping someone can help...I am trying to get a 'responsive' Front page in all the courses at my school. As a template, I would like to use the Front page of the Growing with Canvas course available in Commons, in particular, the table part shown belo...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 Replies

HI, Im logging into the VM ware and cannot remember password. I have asked for reset email but yet to have received an in box.  Is it just slow response ?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

my class is early education nutrition, health, and safety for young children

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have been trying to see my assignments on canvas, but I can't find them, whether I look at my courses or go to the calendar. I am really confused about it, and I don't know what to do.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-19-2019 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a very specific situation. In the courses I'm developing we want to have multiple teachers in a course, but with access only to their own sections of the course. I do know how to assign teachers to specific sections, and how to make it so that...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

trying to reduce images at beginning of each Module

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My canvas will not load on my computer. How do I get in? Everything will load on my computer except Canvas. Is there a problem or new update that I am not aware of?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I view the People tool after selecting Student View, I can see the complete class roster. But I would prefer to hide the complete roster from students. So how do I hide the roster?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do my students access the free canvas classroom? Do they need access codes? URL? Username/passwords?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-10-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am a Canvas admin and I'm posting on behalf of my hubby who teaches at another higher ed institution that uses Canvas as their LMS. He logged into Canvas to enter grades for a particular course and discovered that all existing grades have vanished....

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies