Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

When I view the People tool after selecting Student View, I can see the complete class roster. But I would prefer to hide the complete roster from students. So how do I hide the roster?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-19-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do my students access the free canvas classroom? Do they need access codes? URL? Username/passwords?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-10-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am a Canvas admin and I'm posting on behalf of my hubby who teaches at another higher ed institution that uses Canvas as their LMS. He logged into Canvas to enter grades for a particular course and discovered that all existing grades have vanished....

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do you print a quiz?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have set up 3 self sign-up groups sets in a course. I hoped that when students sign up for a group, each group would have its own tab and have the same look that I see in the admin screen. However, I discovered all the groups show up under the same...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

when i log on canvas. no content is loading up when i click onto links. i am unable to see any course content.can someone help me

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I a student see their final Grades over all courses they completed?And if that is possible, how can a course designer/program manager export/print that list to make it available to said student? (For example for Job Application purposes)Curre...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Why does "Hide from students" NOT hide the assignment/file from students even if the red eye icon is there? I spent 3 hrs creating a Lab Practical, hid it from students, and then received an email from a student this morning the the test is visible t...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,Is there a way to backup and restore courses in canvas lms just like Moodle with student ineractions, submissions and grading included? If yes, how as I cannot see a straightforward option in the admin area to do that. There must be an out of the ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-18-2019 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are planning to use rubrics and outcomes for quick marking. However, we would only use 'Competent or not competent. So, what should we do as that option is not available in the calculation methods under outcomes? Does that mean we only use rubrics...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I use the Conference section, and how do I determine what we will be discussing during the Mentor Meet Up?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

A student is claiming that they never received notification via Canvas that the instructor of one of their courses made comments in the comments tab (I'm assuming in the Speed grader area) about their not having submitted their work. I'm wondering if...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am an instructor-thanks

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I normally use gifs for my course view cards. However, 2 out of 6 of mine are moving on the course settings page but not in the actual card view. This is only annoying me. I am sure it's not a big deal to the students, but I like the animation on the...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-13-2020 View Solution
  • 13 Likes
  • 29 Replies

There is a teacher who would like to share a student's overall progress with a parent from all of the student's classes, as opposed to class by class.  What is the best way to do so?

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How to add a event in canvas calendar? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello,Our campus will be using the new rich content editor starting in January 2020. It appears that all of the Canvas tutorial guides show the older (current default) editor. So when developing a page, assignment, etc...it shows the older editor. Is...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Import Content Dialogue box will not open. When I click on Import Course Content it goes to a blank course page 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a student with difficulty uploading into Canvas, and he has emailed his essay to me. Is it possible for I as an instructor to upload this essay in his Canvas slot?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a semester class this year and I need to add in grades from the previous quarter, but it is closed. How do I open up that to grading. I have not been able to find that in the settings. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am in the Python for Data Science course.  I was hoping for some suggestions for a first textbook on Python for Data Science that could supplement course materials.  I have some from O'Reilly (for R programming) that are pretty good.  Anyy suggesti...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a faciliator for an online class, I didn't create the class. My students are approaching the final and it is saying I will have a course code to give to them. I don't have any idea where to find that. Do you? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

This is my third year using Canvas and the first two years everything has been fine. Beginning this fall semester my canvas on my laptop has been messed up. (This is the same laptop I've used the entire time) First when I go to my dashboard my curren...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can you clarify a point of confusion:In my testing, I have done this:1)  Set an assignment Grade Posting Policy to "Manually".2)  Entered/edited grades.3)  Hit "Post Grades".So far, so good. Everything behaves as it should. The grades were hidden, du...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-09-2019 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Our art department needs to create a common assessment in which all of the disciplines can get data to track. We have decided to use two outcomes that I always use in my project rubrics. The question is if there is any way to just track the data of t...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

External URL Link https://www.act.org/content/act/en/products-and-services/the-act/test-preparation/english-practice-test-questions.html?page=0&chapter=0&chapter=0Canvas says this content is insecure and will not load, but it has the https prefix...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I have a number of parents with two or more kids in the school.  The parents have a separate SIS ID login for each student account.  Is there a way that the parent can login with one account and see both kids at once?

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

How can I add labels/icons to items of modules that I am creating?I don't find that option in my interface. I am using Google Chrome, but I also tried Opera browser.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, Would like to know about the best practices for copyright process.We are Canvas LMS users and having difficulties with copyright content.Is there any external service (LTI) you will recommend for copyright?Is there any way to watermark and copyri...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I've built content pages with video links.   Some days the links are visible and active.  Other times I'm logged in, the links are completely missing.  as in BLANK PAGE.  What might be causing this?  Has anyone else experienced this and found a consi...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies