Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Is there a way to make "branching" part of a quiz? For example, if student chooses a, go to question 2 but if they choose b, skip to question 5. 

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I received the following email from a teacher: "Last year when I would input grades into canvas, I was able to do it extremely quickly. I would click on a cell type the grade and move on. This year, when I click on a cell it takes forever before i ...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-04-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How can I exclude a student from peer review who is no longer enrolled, but is still in the roster?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I have created a Rubric that other instructors in our group are interested in using in their class. Can I share my Rubric with them or do they need to re-create it over again?  #RubricSharing #Rubric #Sharing #SharingRubric 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

An example: Can I prevent instructors from adding undergraduate students to a course #in a role where they would have access to grades, in violation of FERPA?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way that I can see the date that I unmuted an assignment's grades? Thanks in advance, Lesley

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Who all is allowed to see my published files in my unfiled folder?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have recently added the apps GeoGebra and Graph Builder to my Canvas course. Only the latter then becomes included as an External Tool. I much prefer the former (especially for the sliders). I see only one question posted related to this from over...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Is there a way to see how many students and which students viewed an #Announcement?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 5 Likes
  • 8 Replies

How come after I log into the canvas I can not get the classes to pop up?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am trying to download the lockdown browser but multiple pages will not open. I have refreshed and it is not helping.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-03-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

After grading a submission with the rubric the grade does not automatically populate to the box above the rubric to record the grade. How can this be changed?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello, I have a problem with the website canvas. It is not working properly, I am using this time a MacBook Pro and can't find my classes.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to input grades but have a rocket in the column I want to input grades in. It won’t take the grade?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,  I am teaching an online class in the Spring. The course isn't available yet, but can I create a shell (right word) course in the meanwhile so I can start creating and filling in the course? Much Thanks, Ben Banks

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have students who I need to give another attempt on a quiz.  How do I do it on Canvas.  This quiz is not on MindTap and is only on Canvas. Thank you. Greg Trana [telephone number redacted by Community Team]

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a student who needs her due date extended for a module quiz.  This quiz is not on MindTap.  How do I extend her quiz date on Canvas if it is not on MindTap.  My course is BUSN 101-03E (Kokomo/Logansport).  Is this how the course is set up - th...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi.  I'm very new to Canvas and the community.   I have a question based on our existing process, which we've ported into Canvas.  We have an assignment where the students upload a file, say .xslx or accdb.  We grade the assignment using a google f...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

What is a Turnitin Similarity Report?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How to design a google form

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello all,       I am trying to set up a Turnitin assignment on Canvas. Once I reach the Online section and chose "File Uploads" the "Plagiarism Review" section does not open to give me the access to Turnitin. No additional boxes open or populate. An...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How do students upload and submit a video for an assignment?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

It is for my scholarship application.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have created 1 quiz.  I would like to have the questions randomized, and set it that only 10 questions are randomly selected for each student each time they attempt the quiz, and they get their score/ can review their answers after each attempt. I...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-02-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a school club tile on my dashboard.  I want to remove that. How do I remove the club tile?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Emeritus の MITのコースを、CANVASを通じて受講してます。 新しいコースへapplyし、お金も入金したのですが、CANVASの私のページに「コース」として追加されません。 何か手順があれば教えてください。因みにそのコースは11月12日から始まります。 Hello. I use CANVAS system for MIT online school in Emeritus. I'm using CANVAS for 3months. It's almost perfect. I...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

so when my class bio 10 started i was able to look at the syllabus and my grade for lab exam 1 but now its saying that im not allowed . So by saying that i have looked i have tried different things so i can get back to what i use to see but i think i...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need to access a discussion post in my crisis communication class but I can’t and my teacher says it’s open Becuase other people have replied already to it. Why can’t I access it???

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am brand new to canvas. There is a hidden eye next to assignments so my students cannot view them. How do I enable students to see all of the assignments? #hidden eye#assignments not visible 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Does canvas support mac computers?  I am having problems with accessing the dashboard, class content, and grades?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-01-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies