Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

my profile, grades and course have disappeared from canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-08-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,I have a faculty who wishes to rank, award badge and level up students in discussion board. The idea is similar to the discussion community here in Canvas. You get points, badge and ranking.Has anyone done this before?Thank you.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I print a quiz?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-07-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I submitted a 10 page paper to Canvas, and the full paper did not submit. I tried again and the same thing happened. Why is this happening and how can I make sure my full report is uploaded?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

how to open canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How to paste a document for my clipboard in a discussion?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

the account is not giving me an option to logout.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I was wondering if anyone is using Atomic Assessments?We are currently trialing this product in Canvas and are interested in your experiences.

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Until about 2 semesters ago, when I completed an assignment in Canvas the assignment would get a line marked through it on my calendar. This was super helpful so I could quickly tell what was done and what wasn't.  One day out of the blue this just s...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a pretty extensive (19 criteria) rubric for a speech assignment, and now I need a rubric for a different speech assignment. I made a copy of the original rubric to be the base of the new rubric, and now I need to add three more lines for addit...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My students have asked if it is possible to move/place more space between the "Next" button and the "Submit" button when taking quizzes.  Students indicate that the buttons are very close together, and one or two have reported inadvertently clicking ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I manually cross out assignments that were on paper or not a submission to Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I log out of Canvas from a desktop computer? The log off button does not appear in global navigation.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do you turn on the plagiarism function?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do I send a blanket email to my class?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi AllI have been asked by a member of staff to add this questionnaire to the end of a course in canvas.  It is possible to create this questionnaire in Canvas using the Quiz function ?  any advice will be appreciated, thank you.I have attached a cop...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-19-2019 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello there,Is it possible to find out when a quiz started and ended?  There were errors with quizzes last night and a lecturer needs to know when students started the quiz.

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

how do i log off from canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello there,I've had some complaints from students that they're not receiving announcement notification e-mails, and on further investigation, it would appear that their e-mail address has not been confirmed and they never fully registered.The proble...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-11-2019 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 Replies

When grading essay quizzes, I always leave students specific comments on questions for which I am not giving the student full credit. A student asked me how to access these comments, and I cannot find instructions in Canvas Guides or Q&A. Can you hel...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Discussion - I posted discussions for my students to answer.  They made initial posts, but now the discussion is gone for them.  I see it on my side and it's published, but when I check student view, this particular one and some of the other ones are...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I teach an accounting course where groups of students do financial statement analysis. The group is supposed to then answer questions about the assignment.  Some of the questions will be multiple choice (e.g. a question about the trends they are seei...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,everyone!I've met a problem.Today the prefessor gave us a quiz and we are assumed to upload our code to the canvas before the due(10.45am).I clicked the submit buttom on 10.45,but it shows me ".....failed.......".I was wondering that if i was l...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-06-2019 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like to duplicate a course and in the duplicated version, edit the name and content to be different. Is this possible?Basically I don't want to have to redo the structure of a course I already have. I just want to change content within.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Our institution is primarily made up of home-schoolers, so we are trying to find ways to utilize Canvas tech to create a sense of community among them. We have set up a parent information course, which has discussions and information, but I'm wonderi...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-12-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have looked through the Q&A for information about zoom LTI in canvas.  We have the links working but cannot figure out how to get zoom into groups for small group work.   Is anyone doing this?     How are you going about this?Currently we are relyi...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 7 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I just ran across H5P interactive content and really like the potential for my online classes. I know there are many, many apps that already are available in Canvas. I would have to pay for the H5P service if I go with that, but are there equivalent ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Deleting Questions1) How do I delete or remove courses, modules, quizzes, etc. that I imported from common share?  I no longer want to use them2) How can I delete multiple items instead of one at a time?  Can I remove multiple pages, quizzes, modules...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do students go back to a quiz that has been closed to study for an upcoming exam? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What is the short cut for opening multiple windows of canvas 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies