Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Does canvas support mac computers?  I am having problems with accessing the dashboard, class content, and grades?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-01-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need grades from just a specific timeframe and I'm having to export the entire grade book and then delete things that I don't need. Is there a way to only export what I need?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-03-2019 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Canvas has changed the gradebook in terms of hiding grades. As it is is appears that I must hide each student's grade after I grade their assignment... or am I missing something? I don't know about anyone else but this is a brain dead situation and ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-04-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I remove an observer for a student?  I see that I am observing a student, but I do not see the option to stop observing the student. #observer

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-08-2021 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How do I use Lock Down Browser in Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there any way to promote an on-campus event with some sort of banner on Canvas? We are looking for new ways to promote our Summit at Indiana University, Bloomington.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am taking an online course and I have been instructed to go to the "Readings" section to review and article, however I am unable to find it. Please advise where I should go to find it. Thank you.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have had students completing assignments in Canvas and syncing their grades with PowerSchool; however, when I went sync today for the end of the quarter, all the grades in all my classes have disappeared. What is going on, and how can I fix this. I...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Do you know the way how to see the grade of "everyone" in the Gradebook when Professor reopened the assignments for 2 students and the list of "everyone" was accidentally removed? 

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello, Does anyone have an idea about applying hyperlinking? This time around, it is hyperlinking to a sign-in website. Not an open website, instead it is a website requiring you to sign in . Any recommendations are highly appreciated 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I created an assignment on Canvas.  This assignment will involve them submitting 4 files from their Google Drive.  Will they be able to do so using the Submit Online method?  I looked at the student directions here and cannot tell if multiple Google ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I created an assignment on Canvas.  This assignment will involve them submitting 4 files from their Google Drive.  Will they be able to do so using the Submit Online method?  I looked at the student directions here and cannot tell if multiple Google ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can you upload a PowerPoint file so students can see it, but not download it?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have a student who's trying to submit an attached Word document for his assignment. He says that when he clicks Submit the submission wheel just keeps spinning but never completes the submission successfully. As such, he's had to copy and paste his...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

i am trying to find a course from last year that i took 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When you import a course you can easily get hundreds of files - I'd like to easily remove those that are not being accessed from within the course.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

how do i delete a course i started to create but decide not to continue?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I import IMS QTI 1.2 to New Quiz?  QTI 1.1.3 does not work.  A lot of LMS support IMS QTI 1.2, does Canvas allow the New Quiz to work with IMS QTI 1.2 file import? If yes, How?

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-12-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can an admin create a master portfolio structure that is copied to other student users?  Then allowing each student to start with an organized portfolio to add their individual data.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have marked English language course essays in Word because the speed grader is not sufficiently equipped for correcting foreign students' essays in English. Is there a way to return these essays in the zip file, or do I have to return each essay in...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

how do i upload a photo to my discussion reply in my humanities class

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-02-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello,  We are running an ongoing S.A. course and have different sections (for different years or semesters). Is it possible to conclude sections without concluding a course? Our course does not have an end date. We are trying to save time by avoidin...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-31-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello Canvas community, We have an instructor who created a group assignment (thinking this would help him assign different date times to different students) for oral presentations in a French class. Unfortunately, this means (of course) that each s...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I do Zoom class meetings. I was wondering how I can check when a student accesses recordings of Zoom class meetings besides through Course Statistics?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do you add a preview to a document link in an assignment?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We sync our grades from Canvas to PTP. At this moment teachers are having to go into Q1 and UNsync all Q1 assignments so that Q2 assignments will sync properly. If they do not toggle the Q1 assignments to Unsync, they are receiving an error message t...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-25-2019 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How do I find my certificate to download?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want Modules to stand by themselves instead of continuing to the next Module.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 Replies

As an instructor, how am I able to view a submitted assignment after it has been graded?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can you please add a feature that saves progress when creating a quiz before it is finalized. I am very weary from creating quizzes, forgetting to hit one of the dozen or so buttons (or so it seems) to make sure the quiz is complete, and then realize...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies