Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

how do you use Turnitin for Canvas submissions?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-30-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi all,I'm new here, and this is my first post.  We are moving to Canvas at my institution (from Blackboard).  I do a lot with SCORM, and am looking at xAPI as well.  Do you know if Canvas has any functionality for xAPI in particular, or SCORM if not...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Good Morning AllI'm hearing some trouble with our faculty using Chrome browser and Outlook through O365 to reply to messages received from students from Canvas.  The reply will not send just seems to load and load and fail.We recently moved to O365 a...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-01-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi All,My organization is using Canvas via a third-party company that licenses the platform. Some of the classes we host on here are experiencing a bug with the Scheduler. I'm trying to understand what the cause could be so that we can get it fixed b...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-18-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm really hoping to get a Canvas super expert to weigh in here (erinhallmark‌, maybe?  @CanvasDocTeam ‌?)  I'm writing a blog post for our instructors on the Grade Posting Policy and one of the scenarios is what do you do if you're halfway through ...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-31-2019 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

How can I allow my students to enter "what if" grades? Or see what their grade would be like after the lowest quiz grade is dropped?Thanks!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Each of the following questions could lead to teacher efficiencies, as well as less likelihood of improper labeling in regards to grade posting:It would be great if when a grade is entered in a gradebook that the "missing" label of pink (default colo...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 4 Replies

If I have a spanish speaker user that submits a ticket using the Help - Ayuda bottom in the plattform, does she/he will receive support/respond in spanish?thanks

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Just wondering whether anyone out there is using Blackboard Ally with Canvas? Just looking to gain a little insight into how it's going for you if you have it.Thanks,Nick

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I import a gradebook from Macmillian Launchpad?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-12-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Why won't my dashboard display complete information (i.e.; grades, syllabus, etc.)?#dashboard issues‌

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-02-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can I get notified whenever a comment is posted in a discussion?  I'm using a discussion post for students to ask questions about an assignment, so that they can all see the answers, but remembering to CHECK the discussion in case they posted is prov...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-25-2020 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 Replies

can staff submit files into turnitin, either on behalf of a student or to check a paper prior to publication.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I tried to post a video to my class, and it'a been giving me this for the past 24 hours:Media is currently being converted, please try again in a little bit.Minimize embedded contentMy professor said I would not get penalized for lateness and to plea...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-02-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have just reviewed the database schema of Canvas Data Portal.For some reasons, I would like to obtain sis_id as well as email of user (e.g. in user_dim table). Anyone has idea about it?Please advance.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there an option to create folders in the next quiz bank?? My bank is growing and needs to get organized!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I access the learning management system?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do i make assignments visible to students?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-29-2019 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I copied the assignments from one course to the other (Español 1 - LMS to Español 1 - GCMS) and I got them duplicated. I deleted the wrong one so I lost the students' assignments/quizzes results. Is there any way I can recover those assignments? Quiz...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-29-2020 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

How do I submit an assignment via canvas submission link if I can't find the specific link?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When attempting to respond to a student conversation from Outlook 365, I am unable to send a response. I was able to last week and now I cannot. Has anyone else experienced this issue this week?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If I created a course and mispelled the name of the course, how do I change it? The shortcut is correct but the official name on dashboard is incorrect.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello all,I wanted to know if an administrator can restrict access to a module?Thanks

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We think we’ve discovered a problem with Outlook 365 (web mail) when trying to reply to students through a Canvas Notification. Something is not allowing the proper formatting for the recipient address in Outlook. Through several back-and-forth conve...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-01-2019 View Solution
  • 18 Likes
  • 37 Replies

Hi Everyone,We (at SDSU) are in the middle of the Canvas pilot and are developing resources to share with our users to help during this potential transition. We wanted to reach out to see if any of the fine community members here have already compile...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

When looking at the grades column, it would be a great help to not see unpublished columns.  It's a bit much.  I have included an attachment for viewing purposes.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 Replies

The quarter ended a couple of days ago and now I can't access my students' assignments to continue grading them.  Grades are not due until this Friday, but I can't finish grading.  I also have students still turning in late work.  Is there a way on m...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you embed a url so that it opens in Canvas and not an external link?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have a couple of questions about Respondus.1. When building a QTI file from an imported Word document, is there a way to include question point values in the Word document, or do you have to enter them manually later on?2. I can't figure out how to...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

A little context,At our university when a student withdraws from a course their enrollment is marked as 'deleted'. Our financial aid department then needs to use the usage/activity summary to determine the last participation date (this is based on di...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 Replies