Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I teach Geometry and images are typically crucial for a good Geometry test/quiz.  As of now, I've just been avoiding all questions that require a picture.  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-28-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hey yall,I am trying to get an answer on if the admin can give rights to edit the announcements for the participants?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-29-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I see that there is a 500 MB limit for videos uploaded into Canvas.  How large are the video files that I uploaded directly into canvas?  Is there anyway to determine this or download those video files again to my computer?  I want to see the video l...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am very frustrated. I created a class on Canvas and now I can only find the LMS community.  How do I find my class?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-24-2020 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Last semester I was able to select "Hide Grades" when I started to grade an assignment and the whole classes grades for that assignment would be hidden while I was grading and then I would post the grades.  This semester that is not working and I do ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I was wondering if there was a bit of code floating around that would allow me to add Estimated Reading Time (X minutes) similar to how the pages on this website has Start Small, Start Now | Accessible U ?

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Having issue with my submission on canvas. Please help assignments are visible but are not allowing me to submit

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to create a new Login resource for users to tie into our existing SAML authentication. I have tried to create a new entry using the API posted here: Logins - Canvas LMS REST API Documentation  I keep getting a 404 error. My account has ad...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello! The board of the The Bandana Project is wondering how we would best be able to remove students who have graduated from the Canvas page, so they don't continue to receive emails whenever we message carriers through Canvas. Thanks for your help!...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-24-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you add a signature line to email in canvas?  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-29-2019 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do you update the "to-do" list if things will not delete after completing?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-04-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In Canvas Course - why does it say 'Unauthorized' when I try to access documents in assignments? Some students are able to access it, while others are not.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-02-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I investigated this in the past but thought it was worth bringing up again to see if the software has improved. We haven't been using Graded Storylines in Canvas because it seemed SCORM was inconsistent with reporting the scores back to the gradebook...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have just started my NPQSL and need to nominate a mentor. I read that ideally my line manager should be this person, however my line manager is a new headteacher, who has plenty on her plate. So could the Head of Day School be an OK replacement?Reg...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I recover deleted assignments? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I cannot find my instructors comments on an English assignment I turned in. She said I should be able to view it under, "Assignment Comments." I have found no such thing at all.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have two students with the same name (first and last). They have different identities, but when forming groups, none of this is visible.Is there any way to differentiate the two students when assigning groups?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Preferably for West Hills Lemoore.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-27-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I download an excel file with my students' names and emails?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I drop a class? I cannot find where to navigate to drop a class.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My course page is mapped to Modules, but it should go to Pages.  How can I change that?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I know there's a way to view my grades for completed classes but I can't find it. I tried following the instructions that said to go to Courses > All Courses, but it only shows my current class.Anyone? Anyone? Buehler?Thanks,Julie

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am so frustrated with the discussion boards!  Why isn't their a sort option?  Why can't we reverse order them?  Why can't I, as an instructor, pin my response to the top?  The discussion board is so clunky; I also find that the replies are not off-...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 8 Likes
  • 5 Replies

How do I find a book/article on this platform?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

It says "Bummer, something went wrong. Scope "rw_migration" is not authorized for your application.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I type my discussions in google docs.  Generally I just copy and paste them on the the canvas discussion.  However, this discussion I placed pictures in my discussion and they will not copy and paste into my discussion.  How can I get my discussion w...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I turn lockdown browser on once I have finished doing the test composition?  I turned on edit but the choice does not highlight. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I opened an account as an individual teacher.  My school has now decided to sign up to Canvas as an institution.  I have already put some content on Canvas.  Will this material be wiped clean or can I continue adding material so that this will be int...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am looking for the support number ? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

At BYU-Idaho, we use Canvas as our LMS and it is linked to my BYU-Idaho Outlook email account.  This is my second semester of using these programs together.  In the past, I could respond in Outlook to a message that a student sent me through Canvas. ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-01-2019 View Solution
  • 7 Likes
  • 24 Replies