Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

how can i check my gpa?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-25-2019 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When I attempt I attempt to print an email message it only prints the first page. How does one select the whole document for printing?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-25-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

After the update to 6.6.7, I have experienced this error for one of our students. while tapping Calendar icon, the error is thrown,After clearing the cache on Canvas's end, this problem was resolved.

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

All of my class cards are blank and when I try to look at assignments or the calendar the screen is blank. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-24-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When you:Set the grading Policy to Manual Enter GradesSelect the Post Grades option to Everyone and then post your grades2019-10-24_09-48-42.png Shouldn't the Grading Policy change to Automatic since any grades you enter after that will be visible by...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-09-2019 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Buenas tardes, por favor se requiere orientación para Descargar el Certificado de los Cursos de los ODS y la Agenda 2030.GraciasTranslation from Google Translate:Good afternoon, please require guidance to Download the Certificate of the SDG Courses a...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-27-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When my students signed onto Canvas to see their mark for an assignment, they were also able to see the top and bottom mark for the assignment. Is there a way to turn off the student range from appearing for each student? I don't want them to be able...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am new to Canvas.  My question is for those that have used Canvas for a while now.  What piece(s) of advice would you give to a new Canvas user?  What do you like about it?, What mistakes you made in the beginning, etc.Thanks,Chris

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have full access to our canvas account, not totally sure I listed as the administrator. I now need to update to a new admininstrator and I cannot find the place to do this on the site. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I was curious, as a teacher for a class, if I had access to change an account's bio/picture for them?or if there are any ideas around this so that the user does not have to themselves.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I delete/remove an assignment that has been submitted? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you visually design courses that incorporate supplemental content or resources in your courses?We have several robust compilations of instructor-created supplemental materials (Internally dubbed "Libraries") that go along with a course, but do...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 5 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Is it possible to limit an Appointment Group to one section?I have three sections setup in my course but only want the Appointment Group to be made available to one of those sections.  Anyone know if that's possible?Note the trainees and students are...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Can you paste an image to discuss into the whiteboard on Canvas Conferences?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-27-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Can students post a screenshot in Discussion mode?  I want my students to go to Google Mars and look for evidence that water may have once flowed over the surface.  I'd love it if they could take screenshots of their satellite images and post them wi...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello! I was wondering if there is a setting I can make so that I can reply to my students discussion without other students seeing it? I am wanting to explain my grading marks in a private way. Is this possible?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi,I have a macbook and my canvas is opening but nothing is showing on my dashboard. I can open it fine on my android phone though? Any ideas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Can someone help me to get this my discussions questions in order? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I was able to figure it out easily at the beginning of the semester, and now I don't seem to be able to find the option to start a Zoom meeting.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have a group assignment set-up as complete/incomplete. How can I give one group member an incomplete and the rest of the group a complete on the same assignment?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have completed the online orientation. I have to submit the certificate to one of my online classes. Where would I locate that certificate?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Where do I find my student services? Such as viewing transcripts.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-23-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I have canvas automatically sync unsubmitted assignments as missing in my grade book?I have canvas automatically update my grades ever day at 7, which is just the box to check, but i would like canvas to put "missing" in my grade book for the ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have two classes that I want to put together to share modules. They are listed separately on Powerschool, so they came in as two classes. I combined two others earlier, but I forgot now how I did it.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

canvas won't work on my computer the moduals are blank and flickering saying empty card can anyone help me with this?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What is the difference between using YouTube LTI in Rich Content Editor vs YouTube External Tool? We are on iPads. 

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-13-2019 View Solution
  • 4 Likes
  • 10 Replies

We need a mechanism to download all of our User's Login resource records for use in account provisioning automation. The current REST API seems to only offer the ability to get the Login records for a single user at a time. With thousands of users th...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

How do I create a place for students to upload take home exam for grading?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My Students are not receiving email from canvas or instructure.My IT department made sure instructure.com what whitelisted for all students 9-12I can receive email on my teacher emailBut my students do not receive email when I try to invite them to t...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-13-2020 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 9 Replies

For a written assessment, our students will need to use the text entry box in a Canvas Assignment (online text entry only). The text entry box pops up with the message "Copy and paste or type your submission right here" (see screenshot attached). Our...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies