Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

How do I add a co teacher to all of my classes?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-21-2019 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Same as above

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I have 2 quizzes in my CANVAS gradebook, but only 1 grade is counted in the totals column.  Why am I only getting one score?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-23-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I connect to a professor as a StudentMentor to view the course syllabus?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I sign-up for a particular group discussion within my class?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-22-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have an instructor that has a course long group assignment and wants 2 students removed from their groups for non participation. She wants these students to no longer have access to the group discussions, etc. Cloning the group leaves them access t...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like to use a rubric to grade submitted writing assignments but I do not want students to be able to see the rubric until after it is graded. Is there a way to hide the rubric until I have used it for grading?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a quick way to make every quiz 100 points without changing the point value of each individual question?  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I’m trying to log into canvas as a student on my desktop, but it will not work. I can only access canvas from the app on my phone. Is there a website I need to access to get the dashboard?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are looking to move from a traditional 7-period schedule to a 5-period rotating block next year.  Does anyone use a similar schedule at their school? Currently our teachers are accustomed to having one due date shared amongst all class periods, bu...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Has anyone created a Canvas api to check for captioned videos or alt text images?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Has anyone developed an API call that would provide some accessibility information about a course?  Such as captioned videos, accessible documents (Word, PDF), images (alt text), etc?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hi all, relative newbie to Canvas here, after several years using other VLEs in various roles. I'm looking to replicate something I used a lot in Moodle: an announcements panel that can be locked onto everyone's dashboard so that on login they see th...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Can Canvas be integrated with CRM systems like Zoho and Salesforce? Can the student details be mutually transmitted between the 2 systems?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I would very much like to see the full course-title, when I choose a course to send a message via INBOX, is that possible?thanks,Jeppe

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

hello,how to send a reminder for a due assignment on Canvas?with thanks,Joelle

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

My class starts tomorrow, although as of right now my class is not shown on the Canvas page. Will it show tomorrow, or is should it be up right now?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

My dashboard is just gray, flashing blocks and I can't get to my courses through there. I can get to my courses through the "courses" tab but when I try to go to different assignments, most of the them are blank. My discussions will load the discussi...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Canvas app will not work due to iOS updates on iPhone. Apple is zero help...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-13-2019 View Solution
  • 4 Likes
  • 4 Replies

my class on canvas isn't showing up on my dashboard, the class started in august and one day while I was doing homework it disappeared. its been 2 weeks and no ones been able to help me. does anyone know why?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I had students submit an assignment using a the text box.  I want to grade and annotate the assignment but when I open the speedgrader I do not have the ability to.  Any help on how to do this?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-26-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

help is greatly appreciated

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-20-2019 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do you enter a grade scale?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I set up go to training in canvas for my students as an instructor?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-14-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need help looking for my student (.edu) email. I can find my email section that leads to my personal email, but I'm not sure where I can find my student (.edu) email. Thanks.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

after you submit an assignment, how long do you have to wait for your results?  Thank you

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Moving from Blackboard to Canvas...We are looking at:Plagiarism tools (Turnitin, Unicheck),Accessibiility (UDOIT and Ally),Conferencing (Collaborate, Big Blue button, BBB with subscription, Zoom) Media (Kaltura, Studio)Proctoring (Respondus, maybe Pr...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 9 Replies

In the past students could use MS Office free. How do I find that if it is still available?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I set up a calendar with time slots for my students to book 1:1 telephone slots with me

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Alongside my two previous topics, the new Canvas update has turned all quizzes into blank screens, making me completely unable to work on them; due to the quizzes being timed for 20 minutes, this is directly harming my grade with no way to fix it. Th...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies