Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I'd like to turn off email notifications for one course while still receiving notifications for other courses. Is this possible?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-09-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

One of our departments would like to have a placement exam where the have students take the first assessment and then, if they reach a certain score, they move onto a second placement exam. This relationship can be set through Prerequisite/Requiremen...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-14-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We have teachers who have created modules with pages and requiring them to be viewed so that they know the teacher has completed the module section.  However, we have had students just enroll who in gradebook show that they completed the modules, yet...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-06-2022 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 9 Replies

I use the quiz feature on Canvas when I build my tests. Its incredible, saves time and gives perfect results. There is only one minor complain I have though. Will Canvas ever produce software that will lock students into a quiz so they are unable to ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm not sure if I can explain this well or if I'm using the correct terminology.  I just want to see if this would work because it would save our faculty a great deal of time.Scenario:  A set of outcomes are imported at the account level (via a CSV f...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am taking an online course, and have taken them in the past, and am not seeing a way to post discussion questions on discussion boards - I do not have a post reply option.  I am wondering if I need to contact the instructors because this is happeni...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I use turnitin with Canvas. How do I also add a rubric to those assignments?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I can only see the chapters in the modules group however if i want to check my grades , announcements, and quizzes its just a blank  white screen. please help

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What is the best way for an instructor to summarize and make concluding comments about a discussion? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 6 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Hi, I am having difficulty inserting a picture on a page.  Jo Lynn Field.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is it possible to have a quiz question where the student identifies parts of an image?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Students cannot remove the item once completed if in the rare case they can remove it, it reappears.  There are also no appearing in the correct order, students to-do show in an unorganized order.  Any solutions?  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-04-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm trying to access an assignment, but when I go to assignments and click on it, it says "this assignment is part of an unpublished module and is not available yet." I went to the class's modules but the assignment is not listed there, only under th...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-04-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

it is not letting me submit my assignment

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello! I'm wondering if you might be able to help...I have just sent an announcement to my classes on Canvas (Language Arts 7.  https://chc.instructure.com/courses/2409 ), but the students can't see it and don't receive an alert. I've tried looking a...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to ensure if Drug Discovery and Design 1 (4018338ENR) course is available to register or not, because it is not presence at Timetables but I showed in another page it's room and it's time but i lost the page and I want to ensure if i can regis...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do you do a video recording on canvas itself? I was told there is a 'recording icon' on Canvas. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I would be very convenient to filter students' attendance by section in the downloaded attendance report. E.g. in my course I have a section called "lectures" and a section called "projects". In the attendance menu in Canvas we do list the students' ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-10-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How to accept an invitation to a module on canvas.I have been sent an invitation to access a module but cannot see the invitation on my canvas account. Please, how do I access the invitation?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have seen the option to make a file "not visible in student files" but I don't know how to achieve that! Can anyone please help? I'd like to "store" test questions for example and I don't want to just rely on the publish/unpublish option as mistake...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello to the Canvas community. I was wondering if there is a way to import Quizzes from a Word document into Canvas Quizzes?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Basically, I'm wondering if there's a way to bulk edit things like exemptions for a student or the "available until" date for a certain number of assignments. It would go way faster to do these things if there were. Thanks!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I do not want to post grades. Because of that I seem to be getting a red eye near each assignment in the gradebook. I can see the grades in the gradebook, of course, but when I go to make a print out of an individual student's grades, their grades do...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If I notice that an answer is wrong to a quiz question, how can I change it and update for all students?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-08-2019 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am trying to pull questions from certain modules that a prior instructor has created without painstakingly writing all new ones. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to make a page look personalized to the user? I'd like to embed the user's name and am not finding a good source to tell me yes or no. Thanks!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-25-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

canvas is working perfectly fine on my phone and my computer at work so I know there is a problem with my laptop MacBook Air. My dashboard just shows blank and it won't let me click on my classes. When I get to my class through courses, it does not s...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have added my grades in Canvas but at present they are unweighted. I have assignments, Quiz and Tests. This is my weighting schemeQuiz: 20%Assignment: 20%Tests: 50%Final exam 10%How can I add this weighting to my grades on Canvas. Thank you.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-08-2019 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I add a test to the top column of "grade book"? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Every time I log on to canvas it asks for me to enter an SMS code. The problem is the code is set to my old phone. My contact info is set up to my new phone and new email but it still uses the old phone and email for verification. Is there any way to...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies