Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I like to click "Add to Faculty Journal Entry" when sending a message as an advisory to a student.  This shows up in the Student Interactions Report but is there a way to just go to the Faculty Journal itself?Thank you

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-02-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Canvas. Not loading. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

This what I am currently seeing.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need to access the Files tab to view links to read, but they will not show up. My friend is using the same wifi, and her stuff shows up. All I can see is a blank screen, what do I do?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,My school requires that we use Canvas for classroom activity?  Please advise how I find this specific group.Thank you,Jenna Zawaski.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When I log into my UCSC canvas site, the dashboard images of my classes do not load. When I try to access them through the courses tab the class page opens but there is no content or assignments  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Im unable to view full contents of Canvas like edit profile settings, view assignments and announcement. The same is available easily on phone.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,Speedgrader seems to be taxing the CPU to a huge extent. My computer is almost overheating due to the load. It's like there is an infinite loop or three somewhere in the code. This is also true for others at my university.Any ideas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

i need help

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We are having trouble with mastery paths. Recently when the students submit a quiz that is automatically graded the mastery paths continues to say Mastery Paths Locked until quiz is graded. The assignments that should be assigned by mastery paths are...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-28-2020 View Solution
  • 4 Likes
  • 16 Replies

Dashboard is blinking and not coming up!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-01-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I created a course title and it is on my main page now, how to I delete it?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Anyone have any idea why when I use the equation editor when making a quiz that it does not show up.  All old quizzes that I have made are showing the same issue.  All I see are fraction bars, no numbers.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

how do I change the language\

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am having issues turning in an assignment.I was unable to turn it in yesterday and still can not turn the assignment in today.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Well almost none of my pages come up they are all completely blanked out and Ive been emailing my professors to help me figure it out for starters Iclicker registration is not working cause it doesn't appear and my discussions as well. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

and kids can't see the work they need to do.  Help me unlock this feature for my canvas page, please. Thank you!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I was told to log in and go to.Dashboard to find EAC100 and begin but, it's in courses and I can't open it. Help!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a brand new Macbook Air and last semester I was able to use canvas just fine and now this semester IT WILL NOT LOAD!!! I've tried literally everything. I updated everything restarted my computer I've done everything to try and fix canvas yet i...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Any way I can change my title (which has changed)? It seems attached to my name, which I cannot access. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have given 2 exams using new quizzes. Both times I have selected a closed date for the test. I allow students to see feedback and incorrect/correct answers with rationale immediately following the exam. I was under the impression that once the test...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-05-2019 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi! How do I access the resource page for webdesign?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

A teacher wants to give extended time to a student on a quiz but that option doesn't seem to be available but I see that option when I research inside the community. Is that a setting that needs to be turned on somewhere? In the course? Admin level? ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 8 Replies

How can I get Canvas to hide grades? When I go to SpeedGrader to hide the grades, only the student whose assignment I am grading is hidden.  I have to click "hide grades" for every individual student even though the feature shows that the grade for e...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I change my payment date in ACH?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I was trying to clean up my assignment group listing, and deleted everything. Can I undelete? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am using Google Cloud Docs with my students, who are using Chromebooks.  When they view the assignment, they report that there isn't enough vertical space to make the cloud Google Doc easily useable.  I assume cloud docs is using an iframe, but I'm...

(Removed)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi Team Canvas,Situation: One of my classes within a course did not get to the assignment that the other 2 classes did.  Is there a way for me to delete the assignment for just that class?Thanks,Matt Deegan

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can I download student assignments from Canvas to my hard drive?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,Does anyone know of a way to keep the Roll Call Attendance assignment our of the grade book?  If I recall correctly, you could delete the assignment or simply unpublish it in the past, but it seems to repopulate now when you take attendance.  D...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies