Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I have a 3:20 EDT meting with Angelo on Friday, September 27.  when I open Zoom on my desktop, how will I find Angelo's meeting to enter?my email is bostnbilly@gmail.com

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-27-2019 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I receive a message that says my browser needs to be updated. Will this interfere with me sending homework assignments via my dashboard? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

One of my student's told me she did not have a zoom link on her home page for my class.  As the teacher, I have a link that says Zoom on the left side of my home page (Under People and Contact List).  Do students not have this link?  If not what is t...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi All, Is there a way to add images to the assignment names that show up in the grade list? I'm trying to associate each assignment in a course with a visual cue, and it seems like a long shot, but I was hoping that I could pair the image with the n...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Is there a way that student's can see the other student's in the class email addresses so they can connect with each other?  I know I have access to that but am not sure if the student's can see each other's email addresses...Thanks!Stephanie

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I delete a student's paper which has been posted

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-26-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I add a rubric to the discussion board?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I can log into my canvas account, but my courses won't load. I can see that I am registered, but they won't completely load so I am unable to access my files. not really sure what to do, this is what my dashboard looks like.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,We want to create an engaging content, where students can learn from the content. We want visual learning come into play. An interface, but more engaging and interactive other than reading texts and watching videos on the screen and uploading file...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Safari compatible

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,Can you give me a suggestion of how to prevent a correct answer in fill-in-multiple-blanks questions from being incorrectly marked wrong?See pic.  I am grading for capitalization and punctuation.  This answer appears to be correctly written but is...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I am working in partnership with an external organization on a class - I need them to have access to course to help with course design and set-up. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to find an email, and was told it may be in my spam/junk folder. I cannot find mine.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I hide both incorrect and correct quiz answers from students until a specific date? The box under options for "let students see their responses (incorrect questions marked in student feedback)" is UNCHECKED, yet when I preview the quiz and sub...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-29-2019 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Icons are really big. Can still see words. But when im on dashboard it wont load my courses,

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When a student submits something in a format I can't open, I assign a provisional 0 and give the student a chance to submit a different file format.  Something is going wrong somewhere behind the scenes, and those re-submissions are not connecting to...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Some courses from previous semesters wont leave my Canvas home page. How i do i do this? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am getting an error with my application that is confusing me. The POST call on the app to get the authorization token is not going through and the error is giving me a 404. This is the link that is on the Cancas API OAuth documentation so I'm sure ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I want my students to have access to a Google doc to complete an assignment in class.  I want each student to make a copy of the embedded Google doc first, complete the assignment, and then their individual document with me when they are finished wit...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hello, I am trying to have students post discussions, but do not want any of the students in the case to be able to see each others posts. Is this possible at all?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

says I need to update my browser but I am going through google chrome and I can't get to the login

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

HI: We can use the navigation tool to hide the people tab in the course so students can't see each other, but they can go into the inbox and use the send drop down to see a list of all students. For distance ed courses where there is a need to keep c...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a teacher that is currently trying to grade in speedgrader but getting the message "Select Student Group- Due to the size of your course you must select a student group before launching SpeedGrader." There are currently no student groups set u...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 8 Replies

Does Canvas have any plans to add their own closed captioning feature for videos created in Canvas rather than having to use Amara?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I apparently need help from the school canvas. Is this the right place? I spoke with "canvas" andvhereviscwhatvthey suggest.Hello April Emigh,Thanks for contacting Canvas Support! I've attached a transcript of our conversation below for reference. If...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My Canvas page is set to the English language.  After my Korean teaching assistant accessed it using her computer which is set to Korean, my Canvas page is now partially in Korean.Can anyone help with changing it back to 100% English.  The fact that ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I know if a student is currently online?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

welke browser moet ik gebruikenTranslation from Google Translate:which browser should I use

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I completed a math quiz yesterday and didn't have time to review the questions that I answered incorrectly. How do I go back to the quiz and review what I did wrong?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do i access my courses in canvas when it tells me access denied?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies