Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I have 90 kids (between 3 hours) and want to create two groups, group A and group B. Group A is on target and Group B is advanced.  Is there an easy way to assign an assignment to Group B without having to enter each name when creating the assignment...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-26-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In Canvas course analytics I have a graph called "Marks" yet in the sidebar I input results to "Grades".  How do I change "Marks" to "Grades" in Course Analytics?Thanks Chris

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do I find different colors for a course title?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have used canvas for a campus in the past but am taking a class on a different campus and my new class is not showing. What do I do to fix this?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

This is sort of an idea question. What if on the turn un area, instead of comments, there coud be something that said "anything to add?" It's just an idea...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I can't find the mute button in order to hide students grades while I grade and I cannot hide grades using the "eye symbol on the speed grader section.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The submit option doesnt appear on one of my assignments 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I provide a direct link to a Discussion topic I have started?  And is it possible for Canvas to send notifications to all enrolled students when a new Discussion topic has been initiated?  I am a student user.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why doesn't my Inbox show messages as unread?  It shows all messages as "read," even if they've just arrived and I have not opened them.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I have students who dropped my online class in the first week and are no longer on my official roster but are still on the class canvas and would like to be taken off so they do not receive all the emails and announcements. I went to "people" in the ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Canvas does not work on my Mac and I am not sure why. I have tried quitting safari, restarting my computer, logging out and logging in again and nothing is working. I have been trying to use canvas for 3 weeks for school and still cannot figure out t...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-25-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am just beginning the training and am in module 1.5/ mat videos,but don't see where to access the videos.  It says it's in lectureformat but I don't see the lectures either.  Can anyone help?Thanks,  Francesca 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

We would like to add a navigation tab for an app and prevent it from being moved or removed by instructors.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Trying to assign existing course to a new sub-accountcourse_id,short_name,long_name,account_id,status51432,NURS*1200*30,20/SP NURS*1200*30 Nursing Care Chronic Illness,GC-NURS,active51433,NURS*2400*30,20/SP NURS*2400*30 Nursing Care Complex Illness,G...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-22-2020 View Solution
  • 4 Likes
  • 6 Replies

How can I change the format for my gradebook? It currently gives a list of filters when before it used to show a large grid listing all students and assignments.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I used a template, downloaded to word, filled in the questions, and now I don't know how to upload it to be able to submit the assignment.  I know it was taught on the I-learn tutorial, but I don't know how to access that again.Thanks for help!Ruth T

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What are the colored tabs beside assignment submissions in grade book?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Can observers book an appointment through the calendar to meet teachers? 

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-30-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can you pause a test and resume later if you run out of time?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I created a Google Doc, and did the submission type as an External Tool and used the Google feature, and my student submitted an assignment, but it was done wrong. I want to allow him to submit it again, so I marked it as incomplete. But when he open...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How can I sort by student first name in gradebook?  Is this really not an option?  I find it absolutely ridiculous if this is not possible to do.  This would throw off my grading process for my students significantly, and might force me to stop using...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have three assignment categories:ProjectsPractice ActivitiesStudio PerformanceMy course grading scheme is set up in PowerSchool as such:25% Studio Performance75% "Total Points" of both Practice Activities and Projects combinedMy grades passback fro...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

We have several parents in our district who have twin students in the system. Many of these students have similar classes with similar assignments. When parents receive notifications letting them know that an assignment has been graded, observers str...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I enter grades?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can you batch edit assignment dates?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is Google Docs enabled as a submission type for students?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

A user enrolled in the Canvas database with an email address that we now want to change. I removed her from the course and re-enrolled her with the new email, but the system defaults to the old email. Anyway to change this?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am registerd to a class and I get notifications, but I do not see the class assignments or announcements when i sign into canvas.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there any way to access the full report of students' activity in a course? Under "Access Report" on the right hand side it shows these categories:ContentTimes ViewedTimes ParticipatedLast ViewedI would like to see the information of when a student...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How does the general comment box become saved in a Likert survey?I am needing to add a space for written feedback, and have been unsuccessful in saving the box to the survey as an option.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies