Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I deleted a quiz (the wrong quiz) and I did not get the students grades beforehand. Is there any way to undelete it? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-24-2019 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How can i change the language of the canvas dashboard/modules etc.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How to link announcements to the calendar

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-25-2019 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

All of my QUIZZES that use formula Questions, have defaulted all answers for the variables to be 0.0,  If I go in and GENERATE again, then it fixes it, but this is time consuming for the number of questions/assessments I have.  Has anyone else had th...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

If I wish to embed multiple images into a page in Canvas is there a bulk import function? I have images saved as files within Canvas, and I want to embed them into a page. Can I do this with multiple images at the same time, or do I have to embed the...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How can I download a certificate once I have completed my module?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My name is Pariwat Plienpoo, undergraduate student from RMIT University. There is a project on my enrolled course, Applied Entrepreneurship, which require a student to come up with a business idea and opportunity. However, there are several critical ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I have an issue with a cohort of students. They are part of the main class. They can log in to canvas, see the course but the notes are not present, there is no issue with the main cohort, all notes are there for them. My canvas team here in the ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do i submit my video? I filmed it through the reply webcam on canvas. I saved it, but it won't upload.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,Course: Digital Transformation SOC0919Start Date: 19. Sep.2019I received the first assignment of Assignment Created - Introduce Yourself Section B, Digital Transformation SOC0919. When I clicked the link, it routed me to unauthorized access pag...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I had a 10 question quiz, with only one attempt for each student, and I have a large class. 8-9 student s did NOT take the quiz--missed the deadline, even though I gave them a week to do it-- but I don't mind giving them  a chance to re-do it, make i...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Last year I had Canvas set up so that when I sent out an announcement I received a text and/or email and knew that it went out. For some reason this fall I am missing that feature and can't figure out how to restore it. Can you help me know where to ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-23-2019 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I edit a students name? Evidently I have a student who has changed the way his name is sorted on his profile and I can not edit on my end. There should be a way that I as the teacher can edit his name in my classroom and switch the name to the...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

For some reason my canvas account won't load anything, and all that comes up is a white screen. Im able to log in just not able to access anything. Im trying to use it on safari (as I have done for the past two years) and its not working. Although it...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When i log into my canvas, it all is just white and doesn't show up with my classes and even when I go onto my class the long way, nothing will load?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am starting to learn about the OAuth workflow for my first LTI and I have to pull information from the API. However, I am completely stuck. I know the Consumer Key and the Consumer secret are agreed upon by both parties and entered when the app is ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I enter quizz grades in? Students took a take-home test. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I submitted and assignment last week, the instructor got back to me today saying that she couldn't find my submission. Has this ever happened to someone else? How do I stop this from happening in the future?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am importing unfiled questions into a question bank I am importing unfiled questions into a question bank but the question bank I want to move questions into are not showing up as available to copy to. I am trying to Put questions into picture 1 8....

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-29-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I access the Rich Content Editor? Trying to create a hyperlink.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I can't find my class anywhere on canvas 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, Why isn't the class I am registered for showing up?FA19 HSP 302: Introduction to Human Services 201940 -Tara

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I remove myself as a Teacher or TA from a course? TAs and Teachers do not seem to have the same 3 dot button on the 'People' page as students do.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Without the "mute" option, would students be able to actually view when I am in the process of commenting and grading their papers? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I've found bits and pieces scattered around, and maybe everyone already knows this, but when I am linking files (from within Canvas), irritating icons appear next to my links and/or large icons (for videos) present themselves.  I wanted them all gone...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a course set up and students are saying they can't see my concluded conferences.I can see them and I have the link enabled for conferences? Does anyone have any suggestions?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-26-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can students email all group members at once? Students need to send surveys to one another. I see they can click a group member's name and then 'Send an email.'  But if they want to send the survey to all members of their group, or if they want to se...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The Dashboard only shows flashing boxes, two short horizontal black rectangles (one is shorter than the other), and 4 equally sized black circles. Whenever I enter certain classes, all the tabs are blank except for modules, but every module is blank ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I am curious - does anyone know when the ability to move a pinned discussion to another section was removed?  I know that I used to be able to move discussions between sections as I used this to move the current week discussion up to pinned and then ...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how can I get the correct answers to the rotary website assignment?  Or how can you tell what questions you answered incorrectly?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies