Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

In quizzes, when creating a question group, how do I turn off shuffle questions? It is set to automatically shuffle, but I want the questions to be asked in the order I input them. Thanks!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-20-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a teacher in Broward County, Florida.  Since August, I am trying to give access to my students in Spanish 3 in CANVAS.  I published the textbook with the Broward Edition, and still is not working for my students.  I have no problem to access the...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-19-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi folks,We've had several reports of something unexpected with anonymously graded assignments in New Gradebook. When grades are posted in New Gradebook, the assignment continues to hide grades in the gradebook and student names in SpeedGrader. Stude...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-25-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

someone please share the link with me.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How can I get rid of the text across the top of Canvas Speedgrader currently sayingPlease be aware that the score displayed in the total column is the current score only, and does not take unsubmitted or ungraded submissions into account. To view the...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Can CANVAS do alerts?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have been previewing and "submitting" my quizzes before publishing to check for errors.  My quizzes are a mix of multiple-choice, true/false, matching, and short essay questions. This week, when I was able to preview a quiz, but when trying to subm...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 8 Replies

How do I send an email to the everyone in the class?  I can to one student but not the whole class.  I'd appreciate any help.Thanks

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My co-teacher in our collaborative classes needs to be able to access and maintain or edit our canvas classes.  What needs to be done to give her access?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a teacher who has created an assignment and has started to receive submissions.  She has decided that she is not going to take these as a grade, but still wants students to submit their assignments if they haven't already. Can you help with th...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If a student wants to access a course offline, what is the difference between exporting the course (option at the top right of the module page) and downloading an ePub of the course?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

A TA is trying to use SpeedGrader for a discussion for the class but when she opens it up, it says, "The submissions for this assignment are posts in the assignment's discussion. Below are the discussion posts for student X, or you can view the full ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-22-2019 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

At the beginning of each year, when teachers are copying content from last year's courses into this year's courses - why does everything come over already published?  It seems it would make more sense if the content came over unpublished so that teac...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Student access denied to START HERE and rest of pages in course. Canvas recognized her as student.

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

For the past couple weeks canvas hasn't been working on my computer and i thought it was maybe my wifi but i changed locations and it isn't the wifi and then i tried canvas on google chrome and it works there but not on safari anymore. Not sure what ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

When I login to my canvas, my school work will not load on the screen.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have 2 kids in the school system and my Canvas currently only shows one of them.  How do I add all the classes that my younger son is taking?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I would like to change the color of the menu bar in the course that I am teaching.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We use the gradebook passback with PowerSchool so our course sections are generated from PowerSchool.  However, I would like to create another section that only includes students who need modified assignments.  If I create a new section and move thes...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What does "complete" mean on Modules page?  Does it have anything to do with student activity?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have always been able to use Internet Explorer to access Canvas. It now says that it is not a supported browser. Can IT switch it back to enable Internet Explorer to be one of the browsers as so many people still use this.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How does the Gradebook in Canvas sync with the gradebook in PowerSchool? I would like to use the Canvas gradebook exclusively, but my school must use PowerSchool. I don't have to reenter grades manually, right??

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

None of the individuals assigned the student role for my recently created courses can access the quiz.  I have checked to see that the individuals are linked to the course and that the quiz and course is published. I've also verified the training ava...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I delete an assignment group?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi! I'm wondering if there is an easy way to unpublish a module, yet still keep the assignments in the module published so they will show up in the gradebook. After the midterm, I'd like to unpublish the first eight modules, but when I do that, it re...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Is it possible to disable a user account and prevent the user from accessing Canvas?  Or must I delete the user account?

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to get an assignment I have marked as late in Canvas to be marked as late in Skyward when I use the grade sync?  Currently, if I mark and assignment late in Canvas, it is not being marked as late in Skyward.  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way to code an absence as approved?  I have a student who was absent for a religious observance; I don't want his class participation grade to suffer from the absence.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why did we get rid of the Mute assignment function in Speedgrader? It's so much convoluted now that we need to go to grades (so out of Speedgrader), find the assignment, select manual grading policy, then go back to Speedgrader. And when finished wit...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how can I set the timer to be always visible during a quiz?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies