Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

The add submission tab is not showing up for assignments. I have online checked and all four ways a student can upload their assignment.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-17-2019 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

None of my classes show up on my dashboard and the only tab that works in ANY of my classes is the "modules" tab. The rest are blank. I can't see calendar, announcements, etc. This needs to be fixed

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-16-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi,Has anyone experience seeing a blank calendar month after clicking a date from the syllabus on the home page? However, when you clear browser cache, the session will re-appear on the calendar.Thank you.

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-23-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to create a report in the Admin settings regarding the use of the Discussions tool in Canvas?  I am new to this school, new to Canvas, and new to being an admin.  My other option would be to create a short Google Form and ask the teach...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I am writing up my summary for my practicum and was using the pqp1 as a guideline. I no longer have access and was wondering if someone could provide me with an outline

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When creating rubrics, the columns are not lining up. It appears here isn't a setting to fix it and this is a known issue but, is there a work-around to get the columns to line up? (besides shortening the text)

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We have a six-week online course module. Due to family circumstances, administration granted a 3-week extension to a student, so that all course work is now due 3 weeks past the original course end date. The instructor has extended the "available" an...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

As students take quizzes in a course, I'd like a way for past quizzes to be hidden from them. Since I can't unpublish them, does anyone have a solution so their quiz list doesn't get super-long during a year-long class?

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Although everything seemed to be working fine on Friday, I have come into work on Monday morning and discovered that IE11 is no longer supported by Canvas! And students and staff are unable to log in because IE11 is still the default browser used by ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Has anyone found an easy way to add special characters (Spanish)? Right now my teachers and students are having to copy/paste everytime they need a special character, it works but is time consuming. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-14-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi,One of our teachers did add students to a newly created section.After a few weeks he noticed that two students were not enrolled in the section anymore.The students told the teacher that they did get a reminder from Canvas with the question if the...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I withdraw a student from a class?  She found a class the better suits her schedule.Thanks for your help.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Ho do I duplicate a multiple choice question in a quiz? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-14-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello EveryoneI have question related to LTI params:I have following params in LTI request: lis_person_name_family, lis_person_name_givenI noticed that the values for the data properties are taken from the SORTABLE NAME field of user profile.Can I ch...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi all,I am trying to import a Blackboard course into Canvas and it keeps failing, with the only issue showing as 'There was an unexpected error, please contact support.'However, there is no link to support, so I have no idea where to contact them.I ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Does Big Blue Button work reliably for students studying in Middle Eastern Countries (UEA, Qatar,....etc) where other web conferencing tools are now banned (e.g Skype for Business)? Also, can  students use it legally, i.e. not using work-arounds such...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-26-2019 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

BesteHet dashboard kan bij mij niet laden. Ik kan wel aanmelden, maar verder niets. MvgStefanie Wijnen 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

So with Canvas it's nice that you can give your courses a nickname so that they're easier to identify (on our campus courses are identified through canvas with a 5 digit number like 11902 alongside the title, which can be confusing if you teach multi...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I cannot see any of my discussion forums, assignments and modules on my laptop for my senior webinar class. Nor am i able to see some of the other course contents for my other classes. Is there a way canvas can access my account and see why the afore...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

canvas probleemTranslation of title from Google Translate:for example, when I click 4V internship process open with professional experience, I get a white screen, it should normally have text on it but I cannot read this. What am I doing wrong?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to iframe content into new quiz? there doesn't seem to be an HTML editor in new Quiz.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-02-2019 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I am supposed to update the time zone for my class.  I cannot find settings in canvas.  Do I set the time zone on my personal computer?  Canvas also explains how to set this and to set a beginning and end to my class.  Where is the settings for Canva...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I accidently somehow deleted my whole awnser for my quiz is there anyway to restore it?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

CD2 coursehas anybody been able to login to the following link for the Discussion Two: Kindergarten Readiness- chapter 2/ Dr Sigala classhttp://www.psy.cmu.edu/~siegler/423-ramey04.pdf (Links to an external site.)

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-15-2019 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I can access canvas on my phone and iPad just fine, the view is just a little skewed because of the sizing; however, whenever I log into canvas using my computer it doesn't load the classes cards and I have to click courses for it show what I have. T...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In the past I was able to publish quiz grades and then mute them until the students had their papers back. I do not see a mute/unmute option. Where is it located now? Thank you

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-20-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Instead of just dumping files into a module, I build tables to organize my material and then hyperlink text in my tables to Canvas files. I cannot see how many people are looking at my Practice Test 1, for example, I only see that they clicked on the...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way I can retrieve scores from an assignment if I loaded another past class on top of the current class?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-17-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am giving a mid-term this Wednesday 9/18 using the quiz module in Canvas.  I have set up the exam for the entire class to open at the beginning of class and close 75 minutes thereafter at the end of class.  However, I have three students with acade...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

So I just inadvertently deleted a module. I googled and found the undelete typed into the title bar process.  I was able to regain one element from the module.  But not the rest of the content.Is there any way to retrieve the whole module?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies