Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

When viewing the log for a student that has completed a quiz or test, in the gradebook, what does the comment  < x Stopped viewing the Canvas quiz-taking page...>, mean exactly and what is its significance?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-12-2019 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can I post a sign up for students? Can the date/time they sign up go straight to the course calendar? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am new to using Canvas.... Under the dashboard icon, my daughters courses are not shown.  If I go to the courses icon, I do not have the ability to select courses to move to the dashboard.  How can I access her course work and  information teachers...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Each time I attempt to embed my image into a discussion it loads horizontally when the format should be vertical. I have tried rotating the original, changing the size and several other maneuvers but the image (it's a JPEG)always loads sideways. Any ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Myself and a couple colleagues have been doing some app development against the Canvas API for the last several months. Tested out calls using Postman and then built out the solution in whatever environment we needed to (it varied some). While the in...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am using a public computer to do my online assignments. At first, I was able to log into my online course without any issues, now I am unable to log into my online classroom to do any of my assignments on a public computer even at a library. I can ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

So, one of my TAs messed up and accidentally gave everyone in the class (500 students) a participation score instead of just his section. Since I didn't save the gradebook immediately before he did this, am I correct in understanding that there is no...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-13-2019 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Dear Admin,I hope that you are well, and I'm sorry to bother you.I logged onto Canvas successfully, and it seems to be working fine. However, a message appears on the screen saying that my 'browser does not support the webpage'. I updated google chro...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Can you export class calendar events to your IPhone calendar when you are using the app? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Students are reporting seeing the distribution of all student grades for assignments in the gradebook (i.e. 7.5% - 100%). How do I stop this feature from showing?

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how can we check our accounts with financial aide and student loans ledger

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a Canvas admin and I am trying to search for those courses that teachers have not published yet this semester.  Is there a way to do that?  Thanks.

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I insert 'back' and 'next' buttons to navigate between pages

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello! I am an admin interested in exploring Mastery Paths.Where do I start?The guides for this have been particularly unhelpful, and the video guide is marked outdated and deprecated.I can see that Mastery Paths is an optional Feature in our account...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

My students are confused about the % score that canvas generates.  Is there any way to remove it?  I'd like it to dosomething like, "So far 45 points out of 100 have been graded.  Of those 45 available points, you have earned 40 points."Is there a wa...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how to create pages students can view

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm working on setting up a course with 3 required assignments and a suite of optional ones (assignments and discussions) that they can choose from. How do I set this up? I thought at first it would be as easy as not having the ungraded items =0, but...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,I am new to Canvas and will appreciate any help.  I am hoping to set up discussion boards where a standard number of class points drop into the gradebook automatically once a student posts.  Is this possible or do I have to manually grade each pos...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am trying to copy a quiz from NEW quizzes into another course, but the questions don't come over.  I have the questions in an item bank that I have imported in my course.  I have tried using the import course content option as well as commons.

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have been forced to have one class with two section numbers, so the system created two entirely separate shells. I would like students to be able to send a message to students from the other shell, but it appears they can't. How can I enable this?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My teacher set an assignment with quiz for us, but I can't see the "quiz" link on my laptop. Though I can see the link on my ipad, it said "There is a problem with the canvas request. Failure reson: you are not allowed to participate in this quiz.err...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I created an assignment in CanvasI assigned it to the "Project Group", but I didn't put students in project groups, I put the in "Case Study Groups".We haven't started grading, so can I change Assignment to the Case Study Group without screwing anyth...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

how do I find rubric and use it 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Am I able to attach an existing rubric to an assignment? The rubric is not on Canvas--it is a document on my computer, but I would like to import it into the assignment to use. Is that possible or do I need to recreate it in Canvas?#rubric

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a prof  who discovered that students were submitting an assignment late.However, if he uses the "Assign" area, and says "Everyone" has access from 9/1 -9/10, then students cannot go back after 9/10 and look at their results to review them.And ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how to I know my join code?  I still have a student that can't join my class

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am unable to upgrade  Use settings- Complete  the assignment.. I followed the steps mentioned but still module 1 is unlocked in Continuous  Improvement in classroom.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have informational pages in my courses, and I'd like to see how many times each was viewed. It's not as important to me to know who looked at it as it is to know how many unique viewers there were and how long they stayed. Is there a way to do this...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-13-2019 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can you extract a news article so that you can highlight text and embed in Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I can not access my students grades. This is new this week. I've been able to view assignments and grades up until this week. Please advise as to how to fix this problem.Carolyn Bissell

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-17-2019 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies