cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

can I add files to a "to do list" for students/classes?

Jump to solution

I want to make a file available for students to view on a specific day. I want to make sure they see it (like the assignments show up in a to do list).

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi 9930794@cherokeek12.net

Canvas does not include functionality for an "Assignment To-Do List". User Notification preferences will tell students that a new file has been added to a course, but only if the students have set their Notification Preferences to do so.

Otherwise..........................

The simplest way to do this is to add the file to a module in an un-published state, then publish it the morning you want it to become available.  You can learn more at How do I use Draft State in Assignments? 

Alternately, you could add the file to a module, then date-restrict the module to open when appropriate. How do I lock a module? 

I hope this is helpful,

Kelley

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi 9930794@cherokeek12.net

Canvas does not include functionality for an "Assignment To-Do List". User Notification preferences will tell students that a new file has been added to a course, but only if the students have set their Notification Preferences to do so.

Otherwise..........................

The simplest way to do this is to add the file to a module in an un-published state, then publish it the morning you want it to become available.  You can learn more at How do I use Draft State in Assignments? 

Alternately, you could add the file to a module, then date-restrict the module to open when appropriate. How do I lock a module? 

I hope this is helpful,

Kelley

View solution in original post