canvas is not working

Jump to solution
bnicho10
Community Novice

whenever I open canvas and goes to the dashboard none of my classes are shown and whenever I go to courses and I click on one of my classes and try to start one of my assignments it would not let me start it. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @bnicho10  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.  I'm not sure if you realized this or not, but you have posted your question in the global Canvas Community website where people from all over the world come to ask questions, suggest new Feature Ideas, write blog posts, collaborate with others, join groups, review "how to" Guides, and a whole lot more...all about Canvas.  Unfortunately, the vast majority of Community users don't have access to your school's Canvas environment or your course(s) in question.  So, we won't be able to answer specifics.  However, we can offer some general suggestions.

First, in Canvas, when you go to "Courses" >> "All Courses", do you see any courses listed?  If so, are the listed under a certain heading such as "Future Enrollments" or "Past Enrollments" courses?  If you do see your courses listed there, are the courses listed as "published" or not?  If they are not published, you will not be able to access the course(s) until your instructor publishes the course for you and your classmates.

Next, there may be other reasons why you might not have access to your course(s) in Canvas.  Some of those reasons are listed in this document: Why can't I access my Course as a student?.  If you still cannot find your courses after reviewing this document, then I would recommend that you reach out to your school's local Canvas administrator or your school's Online Learning (or a similar name) department.  They would be the best ones to help you troubleshoot this better.  I searched your school's website, and I found the following page that has some contact information which might be of help to you: Canvas Support - State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota.  (Scroll down below the image.)

Finally, you mentioned you were trying to start one of your assignments but wouldn't let you start.  I'm not sure which web browser you are using, but generally speaking, you'll want to use either Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox for the best browsing experience in Canvas.  This will be especially true when you need to submit assignments to your instructor(s).

I hope I've covered all your questions, Byron.  Please let Community members know if you have any questions about this information.  Good luck to you!

View solution in original post

0 Likes