canvas not loading on chrome

Jump to solution
esirca
Community Member

hi guys.

i've seen this problem around on forums but noone seems to have an answer that works. when my son logs in to canvas using chrome he gets this weird white page with some really big icons on it and a text menu, but nothing works. However when he uses firefox and even edge on the same pc, everything works fine.

we've uninstalled chrome, deleted the \Users\AppData\Local\Google folder, restarted the pc, re-downloaded and reinstalled chrome and it still doesn't work.

His school support doesn't know either - they basically suggested everything we've already tried.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good morning, @esirca ...

Sorry to hear that your son is having difficulties using Chrome when navigating around Canvas.  One of the best resources (which you may have already seen) that I can point you to is a blog post written by @stuart_ryan called What to do when Canvas looks 'big' or 'zoomed in'!.  Are you also making sure that your Chrome browser is up-to-date?  What are the browser and computer requirements for Canvas?  Generally speaking, Canvas works best using either Chrome or Firefox.  Are you opposed to using Firefox?  If not, and if you cannot get Chrome to work as expected, your son may just need to continue to use Firefox for the time being.

I hope this will be of some help to you.  Let Community members know if you have any other questions about this...thanks.  Take care, stay safe, and be well.

View solution in original post

0 Likes