canvas shasta college

Jump to solution
b11clatty
Community Novice

I am having trouble with my Macbook loading canvas properly. It works fine on my phone, but for some reason it won't load any of my courses, assignments, or announcements. It also won't load my to do list on the right hand side. Are MacBooks not compatible with canvas? Thank you in advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Hi,  @b11clatty  Welcome to the Canvas Community! Canvas works exceptionally well on a Mac; it's all I use. Smiley Happy  I'm guessing that since you're using a Mac, you're also accessing Canvas through the Safari browser—and that browser might be out of date, and therefore unsupported, which is why Canvas is not displaying properly on the machine. Which browsers does Canvas support? lists the versions that are currently supported. 

If my guess is correct that you are using Safari, the process for updating to a current version of Safari requires the user to update the MacOS, whereupon Safari will update automatically. What are the basic computer specifications for Canvas?‌ lists supported operating systems.

Personally, I don't use Safari; I access Canvas through Chrome. My Mac is currently on 10.14.6 Mojave, and my Chrome version is 79.0.3945.117 (supported at the time this is being written). 

I hope this helps!

View solution in original post

0 Likes