cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

canvas speedgrader app

Is there anyone else having trouble with the canvas speedgrader not downloading student work on an IPad?

Dan

11 Replies
Highlighted
Community Member

Hi daniel.stein@okstate.edu‌, 

Just to clarify are you talking about the Canvas Teacher app. There used to be a SpeedGrader app and I'm sure some devices might have it installed, so just want to make sure. Thanks! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Ryan,

I am using the Canvas Teachers app. I am one of several instructors piloting Canvas this semester as the University is moving to Canvas this summer.

Dan

Daniel R. Stein

Associate Professor, Livestock Production

Department of Animal and Food Sciences

Oklahoma State University

114 E Animal Science, Stillwater, OK 74078

Office: 405.744.9269

Cell: 405.612.0323

daniel.stein@okstate.edu

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

HI daniel.stein@okstate.edu‌, 

What kind of file are you having trouble downloading? The Canvas Teacher app doesn't support downloading apps that render inside the SpeedGrader area (Word Docs, PDFs, most images, text). If the file is not supported to open in SpeedGrader, you will get the option to "Open In..." and can view it in another app. Hope this helps. 

Highlighted
Community Member

Ryan.Seilhamer@ucf.edu, a question here:  am I reading you correctly?  The Canvas teacher app (the primary app I’m supposed to use re. mobile Canvas) will not do something as fundamental as allow me to download PDFs/Word Docs?

(The “Open In” option, to clarify, is not available on my currently up-to-date version of the app.)

This would mean literally no way to get student work onto my ipad.  Can that really be the case?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Yes, that is correct. I think the assumption is you can use the annotation tools inside the Canvas Teacher app to mark up documents and images. If you could export the file, what would you want to do with it? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Oh, you know: mark it up using a fully-featured PDF markup app, upload it to Dropbox—that sort of crazy, frivolous behavior!

Dr. V. Nicholas LoLordo

Lecturer

Edith Kinney Gaylord Expository Writing Program

University of Oklahoma

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Heh, frivolous indeed! :smileylaugh: Serious though, I totally understand. The built-in annotation tools might not be enough for everyone and having the freedom to work outside the app seems like a natural extension of a mobile app. I would definitely suggest creating a feature idea to bring attention to this need for the app. Thanks for your feedback on this aspect of the app. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Hi again, Just checking in one more time to see if you were able to solve this issue. If not, please feel free to respond back with a little more information (referenced above) and I'll happy to help. 

Highlighted
Community Member

I am still having trouble with the App - I am a trying to grade PDF files using the Teachers App. I can log into Canvas and pull up the assignments, but nothing will down load.

dan 

0 Kudos
Labels