Community "How do I" CanvasLIVE at 11:00 AM MT today: Release Notes Tips & Tricks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yeounhee_kim
Surveyor

change the name of button, especially "Reply"

Jump to solution

Hi everyone, 

I would like to know if I can change the name of a button, especially "Reply" in Discussions. I want to change the name of the button which means posting learners' first opinion to "Post" and keep the name of "Reply" that means reply to classmates' opinions. 

When learners post their first opinion they have to click the "Reply". And when they reply to classmates' opinions, they should click the same name button that below classmates' opinion below. 

Sometimes, the beginners of Canvas are confusing using the Discussions menu. There are many "Reply" when they come to the Discussion menu. If they click "Reply" that is classmates' opinion below, the threads are messed up. 

Thank you, 

YH Kim

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
scottdennis
Community Team
Community Team

Hello @yeounhee_kim 

Unfortunately, no, there is no designed function in Canvas designed to let you change the label of the Reply button.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
scottdennis
Community Team
Community Team

Hello @yeounhee_kim 

Unfortunately, no, there is no designed function in Canvas designed to let you change the label of the Reply button.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

I understand there isn't a way for instructors to change the words on a button. I've tried changing the HTML and know it only changes the name on my own computer. Is it possible for a somewhat experienced coder to make this change? Or could I become a "designer" of my own page in order to make that change?

Hello,

Some institutions do choose to modify the user interface of their Canvas instance using CSS.  However, in order to do this, you must have admin access to that entire instance.