cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor

changing submissions to a different assignment

I teach second grade, and several of my students have submitted assignments in the wrong place. I have received their assignments, and I can see them to grade, but now it shows up on their calendar and to do lists incorrectly. How do I move a submission into the correct place myself? Can I do that, or must the student re-submit their own assignments?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello @jgoodyear ...

Unfortunately, there is no way to move submissions from your students from one assignment to another.  This is confirmed in a couple previous similar questions I found here in the Community:

There is also this Feature Idea called Move or Delete Incorrectly Submitted Assignments which you might be interested in reading through.  You could certainly add your feedback to this Feature Idea letting Instructure know why it would be important to you in Canvas.  You can also "rate" it.  More information on rating here: How do idea conversations work in the Canvas Community?.

I know this might not be the answer you were hoping for, but I hope that it has helped to answer your question.  Take care, stay safe, and be well.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Surveyor

This is disappointing, but thanks for your reply. I have a huge class of second graders who misplace their submissions often.

0 Kudos