cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

compatibility with ADFS 2.1?

Jump to solution

We recently had to update our ADFS server to version 2.1 to meet requirements of other enterprise software.  We're now ready to reconnect sso to Canvas but the only documentation I am finding is for ADFS 2.0. 

Does anybody have any definitive information regarding Canvas' compatibility with ADFS 2.1?  Should I spend the time trying it or wait until Canvas is documented for 2.1?

Thanks,

Chris

Christina Carr

Director of Technology Services

Episcopal Divinity School

Cambridge, MA

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Instructure
Instructure

As far as I know, the documentation for configuration ADFS to work with Canvas is still accurate for version 2.1. Unlike with ADFS 3.0, I am not aware of any significant changes that would affect the existing documentation at Configuring ADFS (SAML) and Canvas Authentication​.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi there, ccarr​...

I don't have an answer for you, but I wanted to let you know that I am going to share your question with a couple different groups here in the Canvas Community: Canvas Developers​ and Canvas Admins​.  Hopefully, this should expose your question a bit more to hopefully get a reply to your question.  If you are not following either of these groups, you might want to consider doing so.  Hope this helps, and best of luck with what you're doing!

Highlighted
Community Member

Thanks for the assist!

I did already join the admins group but will also check out the developers.

Highlighted
Instructure
Instructure

As far as I know, the documentation for configuration ADFS to work with Canvas is still accurate for version 2.1. Unlike with ADFS 3.0, I am not aware of any significant changes that would affect the existing documentation at Configuring ADFS (SAML) and Canvas Authentication​.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Member

Thanks Kevin, that's helpful!  We'll give it a try.