cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

decimal points in numerical test questions

Jump to solution

How do I revise the test so that student answers don't auto fill with decimal points (eg. 10.0000000)?

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Member

Hey ervanhor@uncg.edu​, I am not aware of any way to do this. I can see why this would be desirable if you are also teaching students about significant figures. If no one else can come up with a way to accomplish this, I think it would make a fine Canvas Feature Idea​. Check out How does the voting process work for feature ideas?​ and How to write a good feature idea submission​.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Community Member

Hey ervanhor@uncg.edu​, I am not aware of any way to do this. I can see why this would be desirable if you are also teaching students about significant figures. If no one else can come up with a way to accomplish this, I think it would make a fine Canvas Feature Idea​. Check out How does the voting process work for feature ideas?​ and How to write a good feature idea submission​.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Member

Thank you.

I have submitted as an Idea on Canvas.

Elizabeth

On Wed, Sep 16, 2015 at 1:51 PM, adam.williams@coconino.edu <

Highlighted
Navigator

For those reading this discussion and wanting to contribute to the discussion, here is the link to the feature request that Elizabeth posted.

Highlighted
Navigator

You don't. Not with numeric answer questions.

At least not until Canvas fixes the display. I'm hoping that the question that Deactivated user asked   will provide some help, but I'm not holding out hope until there is a long term fix to quizzes.

You might be able to write some javascript and get added to your account that did it. That's probably not going to happen either, so you might just tell students that "Yes, We know your answer is 10, not 10.0000. Just ignore it. Forget everything you know about significant figures."

Labels