cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor

delete media comment in submission detail

Jump to solution

Hello, I am using canvas as a student accessed in the submission of the assignments menu.

I have uploaded several files through the comments section on the right side and clicked the media comment button. For those files, can I delete it? because I did not saw the X mark on my attachment posts. Also, is the files visible for anyone? Because those files are supposed to send only for Professor. Thank you very much.

Screen Shot 2020-09-20 at 06.47.33.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

@prufessuer ...

That's correct.  Any comments that you make for that assignment are only seen between you and your instructor.  No other students would be able to see the conversation that you and your instructor are having.  The same applies to your classmates as well...as you cannot see their submitted work, comments back and forth, and their grades.  Does this help?

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello @prufessuer ...

I'm not sure if you can delete those or not.  (In my own testing of my sandbox course, I wasn't able to find a way to delete attached files when added to submission comments...as you've shown in your screenshot.)  If you don't see an icon to delete the files, my guess is that you cannot.  As far as who can view those files...that is only between you and your instructor for that particular submission.  No other classmates can see your conversation between you and your instructor.  Grades are only viewable between you and your instructor.  It would be a violation of FERPA if other students were allowed to see your grades.

I hope this will be of some help to you.  Sing out if you have any other questions.  Take care, stay safe, and be well.

Highlighted
Surveyor

Thank you very much for your answer. Just to make sure, so anything in the comment section is only visible for me and my instructor? Because my instructor told me to remove the attached files in the comment section as it feared other students could see my comments.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

@prufessuer ...

That's correct.  Any comments that you make for that assignment are only seen between you and your instructor.  No other students would be able to see the conversation that you and your instructor are having.  The same applies to your classmates as well...as you cannot see their submitted work, comments back and forth, and their grades.  Does this help?

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Surveyor

Thank you very much; it really helped me.

Top Kudoed Authors
Labels