deleting next and previous buttons between modules

Jump to solution
lmcmullen
Community Novice

I teach 2nd grade and don't want my students moving to the next module when they finish one. I can't unpublish the 2nd module either so is there another option to deleting the next button?

0 Likes
1 Solution
James
Community Champion

@lmcmullen 

There is no option for removing the previous and next buttons that an instructor can implement on their own. The local Canvas administrator can modify the global JavaScript to remove this, but then it applies to everyone, not just your classes. There are ways around that, but it is not really a scalable solution and would need updated each semester. That JavaScript would need to look at the tooltip to see if it contained "Next Module:" although that approach is language-centric and may not work for someone using Canvas in a different language. It appears that the presence of a <br> element within the title may be sufficient and wouldn't depend on the language.

You didn't say why you couldn't unpublish the module, so I don't know if it's possible for you to add a requirement to the module that would not make it available until a certain date. See this lesson from the Canvas Instructor Guide for additional information: How do I add prerequisites to a module?

View solution in original post