Highlighted
Community Member

ePortfolio Course Submissions

Jump to solution

Many of my students when trying to add a course submission into their eportfolios are seeing every single assignment in the whole course and not just the ones they submitted.  I know that last year it only showed up as the assignments they submitted so they didn't have to search through everything.  Also when they choose a course submission it was showing up as no submission even though they did submit it.

Any help??

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Surveyor

I just checked this and am seeing the same thing. Any course where I'm listed as a student has EVERY assignment for the course there for me to add to my ePortfolio even though I haven't submitted anything to all of these assignments.

I just checked this guide - How do I retrieve Assignments from previous courses in my ePortfolio? - and it indicates that, "All assignments you have ever submitted will be listed in chronological order with the newer assignments appearing at the top and the older assignments appearing near the bottom. Click the Select Submission button to upload the submission to your page."

This leads me to believe this is a bug and my recommendation is to submit this to Canvas Support (Canvas click on the Help link --> Report a Problem --> explain the problem in full detail).

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Surveyor

vermeulenclass@hobart.k12.in.us​, just to make sure I'm understanding this correctly, your students are seeing other student's submissions when they are trying to add assignments to their eportfolio? If so, then I'd consider this a (major) bug and would submit this to Canvas Support (from Canvas click on the Help link --> Report a Problem --> explain the problem in full detail).

Highlighted
Community Member

No, I'm sorry if i didn't explain it right.   The students are seeing all of the assignments for the class and not just to ones that are completed so it is very tough for them to find the correct one.

Highlighted
Surveyor

I just checked this and am seeing the same thing. Any course where I'm listed as a student has EVERY assignment for the course there for me to add to my ePortfolio even though I haven't submitted anything to all of these assignments.

I just checked this guide - How do I retrieve Assignments from previous courses in my ePortfolio? - and it indicates that, "All assignments you have ever submitted will be listed in chronological order with the newer assignments appearing at the top and the older assignments appearing near the bottom. Click the Select Submission button to upload the submission to your page."

This leads me to believe this is a bug and my recommendation is to submit this to Canvas Support (Canvas click on the Help link --> Report a Problem --> explain the problem in full detail).

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Member

Does anyone know if this has been addressed/fixed? I'm thinking of having students use ePortfolio, and just started looking into it, but not if there's a bug like this. Thanks! --Kelly

0 Kudos