cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

embedding images on pages

How do I embed an image onto a page and keep text already there unchanged?

5 Replies
Instructure
Instructure

Hi there kschwart@indiana.edu Welcome to the Community!

To embed an image in a page, go ahead and follow this guide for more info: How do I embed images from the web in the Rich Content Editor? If you're wanting to do it from an image you already uploaded into your files, follow this guide: How do I embed images from Canvas into the Rich Content Editor?.

Can you clarify what you mean by leave the text unchanged? If you space down to an empty space on the page, it should leave the text alone and simply upload the image. 

Currently I have text which is centered and located to the left of my current image on my home page. Whenever I attempt to cut the current picture and replace it with a new one, my text goes haywire.

Have you tried using tables to keep your image centered and text where it should be? (https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-7118-creating-accessible-tables-in-the-rich-content-editor ) That sometimes helps me when I'm trying to control where the text goes.

I also have found that the preview may not look the same as saving the page and then viewing it. Those views can look quite different. 

Can you give a screen cap of what you're seeing before and after you edit the image? Smiley Happy Sometimes visuals help, too! I hate to recommend tables unless totally necessary. hah!

Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello kschwart@indiana.edu...

As I was looking through some older discussion topics, I noticed that we've not seen any activity in this one for over two months.  So, I wanted to check in with you to see if you've had an opportunity to review the feedback you've received from Deactivated user.  It looks like she has a couple additional questions for you for clarification purposes.  Would you be able to come back to this thread to provide an update for us?  Or, if you've come up with a solution, please let us know that as well by posting a message below.  For now, I'm going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered" because we haven't heard from you in over two months, but that won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions or comments below that are related to your initial posting.  I hope that's alright with you.  Looking forward to hearing back from you, Kim.