enabling google drive in masquerade mode

Jump to solution
jparthen
Community Member

Currently, when I'm in CANVAS as instructor and I try to upload files via google drive in masquerade mode, it does not allow it.  Is there any setting I need to change in order to allow this.  It would help tremendously in testing out uploading.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi again, @jparthen ...

Thanks for the additional information.  I believe the issue is because you are using the "Test Student" (Student View) option.  Since Google is a third-party integration in Canvas, it's looking for an e-mail address for the "Test Student" to authenticate into Google inside of Canvas.  The "Test Student" role technically does not have an e-mail address associated with it...thereby displaying that message on your screen.  You might want to have a conversation with your school's local Canvas administrator or someone from your school's Online Learning/eLearning department to see if they'd be willing to give you a temporary "dummy" student account where they would add that account to your course, and then you could use that account to sign in as a student so you can see what things will look like from a student's perspective.

I hope this will help a bit.  Let the Community know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post