cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stumpd
Community Member

finding comments in turnitin speed grader

Jump to solution

Last semester I left comments for students in turnitin speed grader, accessed through canvas.  Students now tell me that they cannot access them.  When I look at the assignments again in speed grader, I also do not find the comments.  How do you access comments in speed grader?  They seem to disappear into cyberspace. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ah, okay! Here is the tutorial I use to show my students how to access their feedback. Basically, they go back to the assignment and access feedback through the LTI tool, not the Canvas Speedgrader. I hope that helps, David!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @stumpd ​...

Do you know if the admins at your school who work with Canvas on a daily basis recently switched over from the old legacy API version of Turnitin to the new LTI version of Turnitin?  This could be why you are not seeing those comments.  The old API of Turnitin is going away soon, and so schools are beginning to transition to the LTI version of Turnitin.   @dhulsey ​ has written an awesome blog entitled Canvas and Turnitin​ over in the Instructional Designers group here in the Canvas Community.  If you aren't following that group, it's just a couple clicks away.  I would suggest looking over his blog for additional details.  I'm not an instructor (just an admin for our instance of Canvas), but I know that Dallas helps many people with Turnitin questions...so you've got a great chance that he'll be able to help you, too.  Smiley Happy

dhulsey
Adventurer II

Hi, David. Are you commenting in the Canvas Speedgrader, or are you using Turnitin's Grademark to leave the feedback?

I agree with Chris that you might want to find out if your campus is using the older API version or the newer LTI version. Knowing which version you are using will help us diagnose the problem.

Have a nice evening!

stumpd
Community Member

I used Turnitin's grademark. My university has switched to the new LTI

version.

Thanks.

David

Ah, okay! Here is the tutorial I use to show my students how to access their feedback. Basically, they go back to the assignment and access feedback through the LTI tool, not the Canvas Speedgrader. I hope that helps, David!

View solution in original post

Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@stumpd ​, you might be interested in this feature idea that will open for voting next week: