cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

frequency of grade passback

Jump to solution

How quickly are grades passed from Canvas to PowerSchool Pro? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi bbrogan@bishopchatard.org,

I wanted to check in, you have had some great answers here, were any of these able to assist you or are you still seeking further clarification?

We look forward to hearing from you, also if one of the answers is correct, you can press 'Mark Correct' and others can easily find the answer at the top for themselves in future too!

Cheers,
Stuart

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

bbrogan@bishopchatard.org, greetings! I confess that I have zero experience with PowerSchool, but would guess that the frequency would be somehow set up as part of the integration. So determined when Canvas and PowerSchool were integrated.

Are you the Canvas Admin at your school or a teacher? If you are a teacher then I would recommend talking to the Canvas Admin at your school. If you are an Admin (and even a teacher!) I would recommend checking out the resources available in the PowerSchool‌ group in the Community. I’ve also shared your question with the K-12‌ and K12 SIS‌ groups in the Community to see if they can help. 

Good luck tracking down down the answer to your question!

Kona

Highlighted
Surveyor

bbrogan@bishopchatard.org-

There is a sync button in the grade book that allows you to manually sync grades between Power Teacher Pro and Canvas (it's under the export button once you've set up the integration). To the best of my knowledge, there is no automatic syncing. 

Depending on the volume of grades and assignments being passed back and forth, the pass back and forth takes anywhere from 5 - 10 minutes. Sometimes it's within a minute, but it's been as long as an hour before.

There is an option in the Canvas navigation bar labeled Monitoring and Reporting that lets you see the sync in queue for processing. It's a great troubleshooting tool!

Hope that helps!

Rob

Highlighted
Adventurer

There are some brand-new features around this which are documented in the August 4 Release Notes. Scroll down and look for the section called:

SIS - Bulk Grade Passback Sync

As per the latest features document, "Allow Bulk Grade Export to SIS" must be enabled by your CSM.

Highlighted
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

bbrogan@bishopchatard.org

Gradebook syncs with PS fairly quickly (provided you click the sync button - it is not automatic). I have found it depends on the amount of grades that needs to be uploaded - the more  grades, the longer it can take.  In addition, if there's a lot of people on PS, sometimes that can slow down PS.  However, I've never had to wait more than a few minutes at most.  I hope this helps!

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi bbrogan@bishopchatard.org,

I wanted to check in, you have had some great answers here, were any of these able to assist you or are you still seeking further clarification?

We look forward to hearing from you, also if one of the answers is correct, you can press 'Mark Correct' and others can easily find the answer at the top for themselves in future too!

Cheers,
Stuart

View solution in original post

Labels